Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

would an 8" muffler fit under USDM evo 8 rear?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2011, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I looked at the link you posted and in my opinion it will look out of place/way too large. It is your car though so what really matters is how you feel about it.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by TigOLDBiTTies
no, im talking about an 8" diameter round style muffler that is here: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WLK-17698/

i cant find anyone running this muffler, but i am very interested in it if it will shut my car up and still flow well. thanks kyoo, if the buschur magnaflow is 7" then i dont think ill have too much trouble.
Wow, first time seeing that. Thanks for the clarification.

I think it will sit too low for comfort. Example, when I had the Buschur 7" I have had it touch the ground before when exiting or entering slight incline/decline driveways. Nothing major but I heard it rub. But now you will be 1" closer.

Also it will make your car look strange. Although your exhaust tip will still maintain 3" - 4" tip, the semi truck looking canister will show hanging under the bumper. But I could be wrong....
Old Aug 26, 2011, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmm, i might have to go with the 7" magnaflow muffler instead.

btw its an honor to have you in here bluEVOIX, i have read all your threads about quiet exhaust and i was hoping i found another solution! i have heard these super turbo mufflers on other imports and they really do a good job of keeping things quiet. but id rather not spend $100 on a muffler just to have it scrape and look stupid lol.