Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

hks bov w/ recirculation kit... call stalled

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2004, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hks bov w/ recirculation kit... call stalled

my friend has a evo. he has a hks bov and recirc kit. while we were driving his car stalled as he was driving. what was the cause of this?
Old Jan 2, 2004, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

If its hooked up correctly, the car should not stall with the BOV hooked up as a diverter (recirculation) valve. If its VTA (vent to atmosphere) there have been reported problems of the car stalling and running rather poorly, my friend has the same. Check how its hooked up.....
Old Jan 2, 2004, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

According to HKS' website, there is no Evo 8 recirculation kit available yet....People are selling the 7 kits, so beware. That could be why it's not running right. I had the same problem and not vent instead. As long as you have a S-afc II, you can adjust the Dec. setting to idle correctly w/o dying out.
Old Jan 2, 2004, 09:54 PM
Account Disabled

EASY, I had this SAME EXACT BOV on my 2G and it would stall every time unless I hit the gas. The problem lies in the spring tension is too tight, the BOV does not open under small boost and you get compressor surge then stall, take apart the BOV and put in a weak spring, I bet it works perfectly on big boost, right?