Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Intercooler Sprayer Tank

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2004, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intercooler Sprayer Tank

After getting back from 100 miles of mountain driving today I decided to top off my intercooler sprayer tank and when I did it ran back out of the tank onto my garage floor until it was about 4 or 5 inches below the top of the tank. I looked it up in the manual; no luck. I tried the sprayer and it works fine, so I got a flashlight and filled it again to see where it was coming out and it looked like it was coming out of a clear hose attached to the tank. Is this an overflow tube and you're only supposed to fill it to withing 4 or 5 inches of the top or do I have a problem?
Old Jan 2, 2004, 10:42 PM
Evolving Member

It's got an overflow.

http://www.CarPhoto.net
Old Jan 2, 2004, 10:48 PM
Evolving Member

yep, look on the side of it..........overflow tube
Old Jan 2, 2004, 11:14 PM
Evolving Member

There was a thread long time ago regarding this matter. From what I saw, everyone had the same observation. Then people started to post about optimum fluids, mixes, intercooler cooling efficiency, etc. I hope this one doesn't get out of hand.
Old Jan 3, 2004, 07:33 AM

"There was a thread long time ago regarding this matter. From what I saw, everyone had the same observation. Then people started to post about optimum fluids, mixes, intercooler cooling efficiency, etc. I hope this one doesn't get out of hand."

Thanks for the info, as far as I am concerned the thread can be deleted now, but I don't see the big deal. If I see a thread that doesn't interest me, I simply choose not to read it.
Old Jan 3, 2004, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by CLeeEvo
There was a thread long time ago regarding this matter. From what I saw, everyone had the same observation. Then people started to post about optimum fluids, mixes, intercooler cooling efficiency, etc. I hope this one doesn't get out of hand.
Regular washer fluid is a mix of methyl alcohol and water, so it makes a good evaporative coolant...and it's cheap...don't use straight water in the wintertime!
Old Jan 3, 2004, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Intercooler Sprayer Tank

Originally posted by freds4
After getting back from 100 miles of mountain driving today I decided to top off my intercooler sprayer tank and when I did it ran back out of the tank onto my garage floor until it was about 4 or 5 inches below the top of the tank. I looked it up in the manual; no luck. I tried the sprayer and it works fine, so I got a flashlight and filled it again to see where it was coming out and it looked like it was coming out of a clear hose attached to the tank. Is this an overflow tube and you're only supposed to fill it to withing 4 or 5 inches of the top or do I have a problem?
Yup, I have done that a few times, its no big deal. I always use a flashlight to check it. When filling it up, there are sort of 2 portions to the container, fill it to the top of the lower one and it should be filled and not overflow.
Old Jan 3, 2004, 08:03 PM

Thank you Revhappy, that was exactly what I needed.