Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Any you paint your evo?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2011, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any you paint your evo?

Hey, so I've been looking for an evo for a bit now and the major sticking point for me has been the color -- I just can't really find many 06's in rally red.

So on that note, have any of you guys painted your evos? Does it look right when it's done professionally? How much did it cost, and did they go as far as to remove all the panels and get the door jams etc?
Old Sep 2, 2011, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you mean us as members painted our cars ourselves? Or do you mean have we had it done? I haven't painted my evo but I helped a friend paint my old eclipse twice. And let me tell you what body men earn their money. Most people think "god 5k for a paint job?" Well if you want it done right as in jams, motor bay, exterior and interior then that's considerately a fair price with all the work involved. On my eclipse we onlyy shot the exterior and the door and trunk jams and my hands hurt for weeks from sanding.

If your gonna get it done do it right jams and engine bay and interior too. Iits gonna cost some serious change but if not done right it will actually hurt the value of the car in my opinion.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^^^ word!