Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Do you daily your EVO? Would you rather have another DD?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2011, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RockmanX
so dumb people that buy them just to sit there complete waste of money and might as well sell it. I understand having two cars for real where you can switch back and forward for sure. I miss doing that since the move lol but my evo is on DD duty it did not get completely rehauled(built from ground zero) to sit there and look good all day. i will be buying another car because thats just the smart thing to do in life just in case if one has issues you have another until those issues are worked out
So is it dumb or smart to have a 2nd car...I'm confused

I don't DD my Evo, but the 25K miles I have on it are FUN miles...not getting to work miles.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
my wife DDs the evo. Its a great driving experience. She had an 04 Civic. Automatic, great on gas, soft ride, BORING AS HELL. We bought the Evo because she loved how it looks, I liked the performance aspect and AWD for the winter. We can not afford another car right now but we really dont need one because we bought the Evo to be driven and are keeping it stock until she wants some other car.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Boostd4

I don't DD my Evo, but the 25K miles I have on it are FUN miles...not getting to work miles.

I was thinking the same thing

Either way one of them is sitting when you are not driving the other.

I agree going to work miles suck, out having fun miles are the best.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

I DD mine and love every minute of it. I also have an 84 CRX I thought I was going to use as a DD to keep the miles off the Evo but I always find myself grabbing the Evo keys.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
I dd drive and like others say once you do the maintenance and schedule and do at most the basic mods you will be fine. Stuff starts to break if you start putting on big turbos and turning the boost up.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boostd4

This.

I commuted with mine for maybe 40k miles. I think 10k of those miles were along backroads, those were fun. Inching through bumper to bumper traffic wasn't. An Evo makes a great daily because it's reliable (for anyone who isn't a complete moron). I've been rotating between random commuters for the past 3 years now though 'cause my Evo doesn't deserve that crap abuse and should only be driven for fun.

Last edited by Anonymouse; Sep 3, 2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

Like i mentioned before i DD mine for nearly everything, the wifes endeaver is there for her dd and long trips. I did one 5 hour evo drive with the exhaust and lack of cruise control..wont do that again unless i have to. Not to mention the amazing seats arent amazing after 5 hours of use.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
mine is a true dd, with the only days not driven are usually when its in the shop gettin some lovin... i dont mind ddin it, i enjoy it, except for anyone and everyone tryin to run, just cuz its loud. Personally id like to have a cruiser motorcycle drive that on certain days n let the evo sit in the driveway here n there. Once its paid off then I can swing it, cuz these lovin sessions i give the evo puts a big hurt on the credit card bill haha, but for the love of goin fast worth every penny. haha.....so can you DD it absolutely, will it eventually want some more lovin yep, and if you dont give her the more lovin, shell break your heart like your gf haha
Old Sep 3, 2011, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I DD mine and theres no other car i'd rather hop into every day!
Old Sep 3, 2011, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
DD mine most of its life. I do have another car now 08 Astra.

In the winter the EVO is the DD always AWD FTW
Old Sep 3, 2011, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

I DD mine every single day, but I do wish I had a back up car for when unexpected things happen.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine IS my DD.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 02:55 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Even though I just got mine it will be my DD for a while, so it's going to stay stock which just makes the most sense to me for a DD. Later on down the road, she'll either stay as a stock weekend car or might see some mods as a weekend car, haven't decided.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

As far as dd go, is go with something that's more durable; European cars are great but vastly expensive on everything unless u have a warantee. If you're looking into those kind of price ranges, I'd look into that Hyundai genesis sedan with the r package. 430 hp v8 5.0, 10 year/100k warantee, baller status, fast , reliable and an unbeatable warantee.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jdlewh
I DD mine and love every minute of it. I also have an 84 CRX I thought I was going to use as a DD to keep the miles off the Evo but I always find myself grabbing the Evo keys.
Aye cant beat the reliability of a Honda, luv my dc2. I trust it to go anywhere.

Quick Reply: Do you daily your EVO? Would you rather have another DD?