Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Do you daily your EVO? Would you rather have another DD?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2011, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I daily a 2004 OZ Rally Lancer (181k miles and counting) and then drive the Evo on the weekends
Old Sep 3, 2011, 04:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoTeyn
I DD mine every single day, but I do wish I had a back up car for when unexpected things happen.
I agree with this completely. I DD mine for right now, but I do want to get a beater car at some point soon. I much prefer to put weekend fun miles on the Evo and not stop and go traffic/commute ones. If all goes right I'm planning on buying my dads 200,000 mile '97 Camry off him, when he buys a new car for himself.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by itsme4g63
As far as dd go, is go with something that's more durable; European cars are great but vastly expensive on everything unless u have a warantee. If you're looking into those kind of price ranges, I'd look into that Hyundai genesis sedan with the r package. 430 hp v8 5.0, 10 year/100k warantee, baller status, fast , reliable and an unbeatable warantee.
I agree a genesis would be a sweet daily driver and I agree with the european cars too but they both are expensive including the genesis thats just another car payment lol
Old Sep 3, 2011, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

I DD mine and I love it. However I would like a beater for the daily commute so I can pull bits off my EVO and do work without having to worry if I'm going to make it to work the next day. Also would help a little with the gas bill, going through a tank a week, approx 100 NZ$.

That stuff aside (which aren't actually worth worrying about) the EVO is a great DD.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 11:13 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Evo is my track car.
2007 MINI Cooper S is my daily.

Funny, both have snails.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
95 Corolla w/ a 3 speed auto. Saves me on gas and I can speed over speed bumps without worrying about it being uncomfortable. After 3 years of dailying the Evo, the Corolla is just nice to drive around. Also, having a 2nd car is really good, especially when doing a build.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

DD It, it's not a Ferrari bro.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by golgo13
Evo is my track car.
2007 MINI Cooper S is my daily.

Funny, both have snails.
The mini could use snail enhancement pills.

I DD my Evo.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Raistlin
I do all my maint. myself also.

However, when I do my 60k service and cam install it will take me longer than a day to get everything done. Most likely a few days before everything is up and going again (My first time doing it, I can do it, I just take my time and do it right).

Having a beater car that I can dd helps a lot when something needs to be done. Same goes for the beater, if something goes wrong I always have the evo.
This is a good point. I have my wife's old college car (MKIV Jetta) to commute in when there's going to be a hailstorm or something, or I have the Evo apart in some way.

I think my buddy Jim has it right. Small truck for errands and hauling, and the Evo for whenever.

I personally would like to sell the Jetta to a high school kid and spend that money on a small beater truck. That would put the Evo on strict DD duty, which is what I want, and I'd have a backup/errand vehicle for running to Lowe's hauling wood, etc. Alternatively, I would be ok selling the Jetta and DD'ing the Evo, then just renting a truck after I build up a weekend's worth of errands.

I also agree that it's an Evo not a Ferrari, and I can tell you that my Evo is a beater compared to the last two BMW's I've owned. I was thinking this morning that It's a flat out piece of **** in the NVH department. However, it also is as much a better handling car than the best handling car I've owned (ZHP, Koni Yellows, Swaybarbarian pgk) was to the other cars I've owned. DD Evos = handling and street-cred FTW.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 06:47 AM
Evolving Member

i have a toyota taco to dd. My evo is pretty much a garage queen.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 07:09 AM

My Evo is a garage queen along with my MR2...I have a company truck so thats what i DD. No its not dumb to have a DD that isn't an Evo.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

1997 Honda civic.... best daily I have ever had.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 07:59 AM

I used to have a 2010 Camaro SS and a Hyundai, being the SS as the garage queen, I could not stand it having it sitting there on cold winter rainy days so I decided to search for a fusion between the 2 and voila! The Evo X came as a result. Knowing the facts that an Evo is an awe that can go as fast, carry 4 people comfortable and take all kind of weather elements abuse better, it was by far the clear choice. Aside from also owning a Tahoe, I think this car is awesome as a DD but, not for long trips were the Recaros will start to beat on your back. The days of owning 3 cars at a time are over for me. Instead, investing on a small condo in FL will be my other car.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Raistlin
I do all my maint. myself also.

Having a beater car that I can dd helps a lot when something needs to be done. Same goes for the beater, if something goes wrong I always have the evo.
I definitely agree...Working in a service department in a dealership i see this alot. Person brings there car in for a serious problem at 5pm on a friday. All the loaner cars are out and enterprise is closed. They have to leave the car for next week and dont have anything else to drive. Having a 2nd car takes the stress out of "will i make it to work every day next week". If you can swing it i would highly suggest having a 2nd car. You just never know when something might happen. Plus spliting mileage will keep mileage off both cars since there double half the traveling.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

I split my DD between my 04 evo and my 06 Crew Cab Duramax. But they do like to make trips together too!

Quick Reply: Do you daily your EVO? Would you rather have another DD?