Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Do you daily your EVO? Would you rather have another DD?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2011, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I split my DDing between my Evo and my M3. The M has been great and has bore the brunt of the mileage as the Evo is down for maintenance or upgrade. But the better gas mileage has been nice.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my 05 EB evo 8 with 45 thousand miles, is kept garaged regularly, i take her out on my days off, and maybe once a week to work, that is when im not car pooling with my pops the other 4 days a week.

nothing wrong with having an extra car to drive around to take care of errands, and shopping. i stopped driving my evo to do certain tasks in certain areas , after it was vandalised one night. so to all of you that daily keep doing what your doing, i for one will not have my car keyed again and or any other type of damage that will make me go ape ****...
Old Sep 4, 2011, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

i DD a 2000 golf TDi

evo once or twice a week thats it
Old Sep 4, 2011, 03:47 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by InitialE
The mini could use snail enhancement pills.
I enjoy it stock, the 32MPG is nice.

Old Sep 4, 2011, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

I know I'm not big in this evo community but guys seriously take what I say and think about it. You guys should drive your evo's more! I mean it is a car and we aren't getting any younger, use the car for what it was made for before you end up regretting not driving it.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 05:53 PM

When I get it I will dd it!
Old Sep 5, 2011, 12:29 AM

yea.. enjoyed DD my car for 20k miles in 10 months already.. but itching to try sth new.. calling the new car a DD is just an excuse not to sell my EVO.. lol.. wow.. cant believe this turned out to be such a long thread
Old Sep 5, 2011, 01:10 AM

I am using my stock Evo9 as DD, doing around 80 miles a day, a mixture of 60% city and 40% highway. Evo9 is an extremely nice DD, I prefer this over my last Mk5 Golf GTI.
Stuck in traffic? No problem, that's where the fun lies!
Old Sep 5, 2011, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KWezzy
I know I'm not big in this evo community but guys seriously take what I say and think about it. You guys should drive your evo's more! I mean it is a car and we aren't getting any younger, use the car for what it was made for before you end up regretting not driving it.
Use the car for what it was made for? Rally? Sorry but the only time I'm gonna play in the dirt is with my mountain bike.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Anonymouse
Use the car for what it was made for? Rally? Sorry but the only time I'm gonna play in the dirt is with my mountain bike.
You know what I meant. what a car is made for!!!! yeah evo can be rallied but its not like they made it for that! especially since all the commercials of them when they came out were to show the driving experience!
Old Sep 5, 2011, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You know what I meant. what a car is made for!!!! yeah evo can be rallied but its not like they made it for that! especially since all the commercials of them when they came out were to show the driving experience!
I use my evo for what it was meant for, which is driving. I chose though not to use it to drive to work.

A 15 min. (going the speed limit) and going to work is not fun. I do though take it out for hours at a time. I just do not dd it because as I said a 15 min. drive just to go to work sucks vs. a drive that I can stay out as long as I chose.

I have a beater to dd the 15 min. drive to work. Then I can take my evo out on my days off and really have fun. I also have a car that I can use while my evo is getting something done to it if it takes longer than a day to do.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by golgo13
I enjoy it stock, the 32MPG is nice.

It's just that when a friend of mine popped the hood and I saw the turbo... well it was tiny. Great car though, and the mileage is nice for sure.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Raistlin
I use my evo for what it was meant for, which is driving. I chose though not to use it to drive to work.

A 15 min. (going the speed limit) and going to work is not fun. I do though take it out for hours at a time. I just do not dd it because as I said a 15 min. drive just to go to work sucks vs. a drive that I can stay out as long as I chose.

I have a beater to dd the 15 min. drive to work. Then I can take my evo out on my days off and really have fun. I also have a car that I can use while my evo is getting something done to it if it takes longer than a day to do.
see to me you have a more valet reason not to drive it I mean 15 minutes is nothing and you actually enjoy driving the evo further and longer! it just seems like most people on here are soooo worried about putting more on their car which to me is insane!
Old Sep 5, 2011, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
see to me you have a more valet reason not to drive it I mean 15 minutes is nothing and you actually enjoy driving the evo further and longer! it just seems like most people on here are soooo worried about putting more on their car which to me is insane!
Nope my car even visits creek beds (not hard driving through them but pulling in to get some good pictures).

My evo has seen 7+ inches of snow, 3" of ice, gravel, and tarmac.

Everyone always says to lower it. Screw that if I did I could never have fun. As is a scrape the lip pulling into my driveway.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I used to daily drive my Evo when I 1st bought it but now I mainly drive my Civic around. The Evo usually comes out on the weekends/ I'm an electrician so I have to carry around lots of tools and im usually dirty when I get out of work so I didnt want to use the Evo and risk staining the seats or even tearing them. Not to mention, im **** about my paint and body so I didnt want any door dings or scratches from it sitting in the parking lot at the shop lol.

Quick Reply: Do you daily your EVO? Would you rather have another DD?