Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Do you daily your EVO? Would you rather have another DD?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2011, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you daily your EVO? Would you rather have another DD?

What is your DD if it's not your EVO?
I'm thinking between E60 M5 and 08' S6 or even S8..used..all pretty well priced before all the maintenance cost.. instead of posting on either audi or bimmer forum, let's see what u guys have to say?
Old Sep 2, 2011, 10:29 PM
Evolving Member

I daily drive my EVO for now. I've had it for a couple months and intend on it being a track/mountain car. I spent today out near Julian and came back during some traffic through SD. When I got home I needed to do a run to the grocery store and jumped in the wives 328i. MUCH more of a daily driver IMO. Don't get me wrong, I love the visceral rawness of my EVO, but just want to woe it down a bit from time to time and NOT be part of the driving experience. "My" plan is to get a Ford Raptor or Chevy Colorado Rally (if it comes out) as my daily driver and something I get jump over the mountains to Anzo Borrego and do a little off-roading/camping. I sold a truck about a year ago and quickly realized how much I need it. Good luck with your choice!!
Old Sep 2, 2011, 10:32 PM

I DD mine. I'm going to be getting a beater for the winter and to keep the miles off of it.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 11:45 PM

i DD mines .. i think i will continue to DD it because its so fun to drive , and has 4 doors with decent space
Old Sep 3, 2011, 12:01 AM
Evolving Member

Mine is in a full-time DD status (now that it's running again. all it needs is a tune). Coming from a 240sx the Evo is a major upgrade and I couldnt ask for a better car. Also, I have my R1 as my back up so I'm pretty dead set on keeping it as my DD.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 12:33 AM
Evolving Member

I daily drive mine. Got it with 46k miles in in August 2009 and now have 78k miles on it. I wish I could have another car as a daily just to keep miles off it and to keep the gas costs down. Unfortunately for me, I'm not going to be able to afford another car, even a cheap one, for a while lol.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 12:36 AM
Evolving Member

I daily a 95 Corolla and my 2005 Chevy crewcab
Old Sep 3, 2011, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
I love my evo daily it. i love driving the evo. but i really want a daily not that the evo is not a good one but i want to keep the miles off and do stuff to it
Old Sep 3, 2011, 07:14 AM
Evolving Member

Monday thru Thursday my 93 Mustang and Friday thru my Evo. or whichever got Gas in it.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Who needs another car

I'm actually looking for a 2008 X to get as a Daily now,
Old Sep 3, 2011, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dd a 2000 subie outback sport, around 144k on it.

It is not as fun to drive as my evo and I bought it with some body damage, but it is a great and reliable dd.

My evo on the other hand is an 03' with almost 55k.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

DD it for sure, i didnt buy the car so i could look at it in the garage. I do all the scheduled maintenance above and beyond only so that it will continue to be my DD.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

^^ This
Old Sep 3, 2011, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
so dumb people that buy them just to sit there complete waste of money and might as well sell it. I understand having two cars for real where you can switch back and forward for sure. I miss doing that since the move lol but my evo is on DD duty it did not get completely rehauled(built from ground zero) to sit there and look good all day. i will be buying another car because thats just the smart thing to do in life just in case if one has issues you have another until those issues are worked out i have not decided on what second car i want to get maybe if i can get a low priced 03 evo ill do that or if i can get a wrecked evo x and slowly rebuild it that would be fine or i even thought about getting a new body style civic or 128i.

My evo was sitting for 3years total as it had problems/build i have only put 7k miles total on my evo since owning it and 2k(all highway traveling due to moving to texas) of that is on new build so better believe it needs some seat time. lol less then 2 years left to pay it off I think thats perfect haaa 7k in 3 years and really only 2k now since everything was pulled and swapped

Last edited by RockmanX; Sep 3, 2011 at 08:40 AM.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Skott2k
DD it for sure, i didnt buy the car so i could look at it in the garage. I do all the scheduled maintenance above and beyond only so that it will continue to be my DD.
I do all my maint. myself also.

However, when I do my 60k service and cam install it will take me longer than a day to get everything done. Most likely a few days before everything is up and going again (My first time doing it, I can do it, I just take my time and do it right).

Having a beater car that I can dd helps a lot when something needs to be done. Same goes for the beater, if something goes wrong I always have the evo.

Quick Reply: Do you daily your EVO? Would you rather have another DD?