Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Is it possible

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2004, 06:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it possible

I might be importing an EvoVII depending if i can get the right insurance and smog legal without a lot of hassle. My ? is is it possible to get OEM Parts here? lets say i get into a fender bender and need to get the car fixed, does anyone know how that would all work out?
Old Jan 3, 2004, 07:17 PM
SoR
Evolved Member

I'll say you'll have a problem finding parts (body). Going aftermarket or ordering from Japan/EU will be a must.

[edit]
some things can be bought in US through different vendors - example Evo7 tails, maybe even front bumper..
Old Jan 3, 2004, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

i know it is going to be expensive but how or where do i order parts from japan?
Old Jan 3, 2004, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

Well, considering I have a hard time finding parts for my Evo I IN Japan, you might have a hard time finding parts for an Evo VII in the states. A few things I would suggest would be to try Yahoo Japan auctions, and use the babel fish translator from Alta Vista. That is a very popular method that Americans use to get parts for their cars here. Also since the Evo VII and VIII are so similar, the parts should be almost identical. ie - Evo I - Evo III is built the same, so all the parts are interchangable.

Edit - If you need to get parts from Japan I can help people out since I live here

http://list1.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp...ml?alocale=0jp that is the link to the Yahoo Japan auctions, if you find something that you want let me know.

Last edited by rbm3; Jan 3, 2004 at 07:22 PM.
Old Jan 3, 2004, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

it'll be a big head ache probably easier to buy Evo 8 and mod it to out handle 7...not sure how you would compensate for electronic goodies but I know there are people out there who will tell you how they think you could.