Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

New o2 Sensor reads under on AEM Gauge?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2011, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New o2 Sensor reads under on AEM Gauge?

Whats the deal with this?
My o2 sensor went dead on the weekend, so i got a new Bosh Wideband replacement sensor. Installed, and noticed that my AEM Gauge reads about 1 point to low.

So instead of idling at, let say 14.7:1, its about 13.7:1...... From my understanding there isnt any way of adjusting the AEM gauge itself, so whats the deal?

Besides it not reading what it should on the AEM Gauge, i can't even get the AEM afr's to match the AEM Pro's AFR's. I already setup the "Gain" option to match the O2 #1 Volt (parameters) with the sensor unplugged to match the 2.32v, but once the car is running, the AEM afr's and AEM Pro afr's are off by about 1.5:1(Higher on computer).

Any idea's?

/dave
Old Sep 11, 2011, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
maybe it is reading correctly now that it has a new sensor. when they get old they wont read as accurate, so maybe now its just reading accurately and the other gauge is wrong and has an old sensor?
Old Sep 11, 2011, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well, im using the same gauge, just changed out the dead sensor for a new one.

What isn't making sense is that the ecu is programmed to idle at 14.7:1, but its idling at 13.7:1 basically, a point off. Gonna test out the sensor tomorrow and maybe get a replacement. ... ill keep this updated