Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

any tips for cleaning a titanium exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2011, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to JJsevol!

I took his advice and used windex and steel wool (since i had it laying around). To my surprise it really did work, the scrathces are so fine you cant notice unless your up under the car, and it still looks like titanium!

As far as getting the blue back into the tip i heard to just use a blow torch and heat it up until you get your desired color. So when i get a chance I'm going to try that.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gillis13
Thanks to JJsevol!

I took his advice and used windex and steel wool (since i had it laying around). To my surprise it really did work, the scrathces are so fine you cant notice unless your up under the car, and it still looks like titanium!

As far as getting the blue back into the tip i heard to just use a blow torch and heat it up until you get your desired color. So when i get a chance I'm going to try that.
Can't go wrong with that combo, and it's cheap haha. Post pics once you get the blue back too.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 11:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks to JJsevol!

to get the blue tip back you can also try this

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/how-inst...-titanium.html

works very well. found this link last week and been doing it on everything titanium!
Old Sep 14, 2011, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by awdordie
to get the blue tip back you can also try this

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/how-inst...-titanium.html

works very well. found this link last week and been doing it on everything titanium!

That is real amazing, i never would of dreamed that you could do that with a soda. But i think I'm going to stick with the torch idea tho, it seems simpler with less to do. Unless your close to Johnson City by any chance and wouldn't mind helping me do it since you've did it before.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
try this it works!!

http://www.google.com/products/catal...wAA#ps-sellers
Old Sep 14, 2011, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
I must live in an alternate universe. My '03 has never had the paint waxed.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is real amazing, i never would of dreamed that you could do that with a soda. But i think I'm going to stick with the torch idea tho, it seems simpler with less to do. Unless your close to Johnson City by any chance and wouldn't mind helping me do it since you've did it before.
Im about 40 miles east of nashville close to ky line so about 4 hours from johnson city 3 hours if I haul *** I've been up there quite a bit. I would actually recommend not using the torch method just because its hard to control the heat and area its being applied to. The neat thing about the soda or whatever you use, I think u can use vinegar and sulphuric acid, is that wherever the paper towel is that is the only area affected by the process. Either way is reversible tho if you screw up take steel wool and it comes off and just try again.