Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Electrical Problem

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2004, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electrical Problem

We got our first real snow in Chicago on Sunday. I took the Evo out and I turned on the rear wiper to get the window clean. I turned it off after 2-3 minutes as it's not needed when the car is moving (rear window stays dry).

The window got wet again when I stopped at at light. I turned on the wiper and it made one full sweep and then 1/3 of a sweep. The wiper stopped in the middle of the window. I had to keep turning the switch on and off to get it to make enough sweeps to rest flat the way it's supposed to.

I went to the grocery store and I noticed that my lights were on when I returned to the car. The lights never stayed on before. I could leave the lights in the "on" position, but they'd always turn off when I removed the key from the ignition and opened the door. Now my lights stay on unless I turn them off myself.

Both of these problems began yesterday. Is it something simple like a fuse or do I need to visit the stealer? Has this happened to you?
Old Jan 5, 2004, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

check your fuses...if they all look ok call the dealer. it shouldn't be anything serious though or i would think it'd throw a CEL.
Old Jan 5, 2004, 06:31 PM
Evolving Member

Do you have a turbo timer??
Old Jan 5, 2004, 06:35 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

It's most likely still under 3yrs, 36k miles... take it in. Should all be covered under warranty, unless you've been splicing wires.
Old Jan 6, 2004, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

Hey

I don't have any modifications.
Old Jan 11, 2004, 07:53 PM
Evolving Member

Stay Tuned

I described the problem to the service guy at my dealer. My rear wiper doesn't work, my driver's side tail light is out, the driver's side rear doorlock does not work and my headlights don't turn off when I leave the car. He said it's a bad switch and I will be bringing it in on Tuesday.