Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Stolen EVO FL

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2011, 06:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coral springs?! I live there so ill keep a lookout, im going to start keeping mine in the garage now ...
Old Oct 8, 2011, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by prowakeskater
if everyone installs a JDM map sensor, it would make the car impossible to steal with an ecu swap or reflash. I wonder how often they get flat-bedded though...
Originally Posted by dee242
why so what does it do
You have to modify the rom on the ECU to work with the JDM map sensor that's what he means. But thats such a common mod nowadays...its not like when the early adopters did it. If the person is inclined enough to swap the ECU then this is a poor way to stop them.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm about to get a hub, quick release, and one of these: http://www.getnrg.com/products/quick-lock/feed. WAY too many Evo's are getting stolen, especially in the midwest.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by codgi
You have to modify the rom on the ECU to work with the JDM map sensor that's what he means. But thats such a common mod nowadays...its not like when the early adopters did it. If the person is inclined enough to swap the ECU then this is a poor way to stop them.
Point blank if someone wants your car and they know what their doing, there is no stoping them. but there is many different ways to deter them. quick release steering wheel, alarm, keeping it garaged and if you dont have a garage block the car in with the surrounding cars in your homes driveway.

i did that for years before i got my home. now for the last 3 years my baby sleeps in my garage when shes not in use.