Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Selling a RS versus a GSR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2011, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Selling a RS versus a GSR

So i was wondering as far as selling private party. Do the RS sell for way lower since it dosent have all the power windows and other gadgets or Higher since it's lighter and I guess more Race ready?
Old Oct 4, 2011, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts
i wouldnt say "way" less. Unless you consider a 2-3 k drop as apposed to a gsr used, but i think price is pretty firm on rs's now seeing that they are alot more rare than the gsr with ever year that goes by.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you find someone looking to build a race car, an RS would command a nice premium. However you gotta find the right buyer.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 08:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by metalsaber
If you find someone looking to build a race car, an RS would command a nice premium. However you gotta find the right buyer.
Not sure if this is true, as anyone building a racecar can strip down a GSR just the same as an RS. The only advantage would be the earlier Evo RS models coming with a front LSD, but I don't think this would be significant enough to warrant a premium asking price.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pacent
Not sure if this is true, as anyone building a racecar can strip down a GSR just the same as an RS. The only advantage would be the earlier Evo RS models coming with a front LSD, but I don't think this would be significant enough to warrant a premium asking price.
Sure, but time is money.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by pacent
yes, you can strip a gsr to be an rs, but the labor or time it takes to remove sound deadening, door panels, a/c, radio ect is alot of work..you might as well throw some extra cash and have it all ready to go imo it would be worth it..
Old Oct 4, 2011, 08:44 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoVIIIxoxo
yes, you can strip a gsr to be an rs, but the labor or time it takes to remove sound deadening, door panels, a/c, radio ect is alot of work..you might as well throw some extra cash and have it all ready to go imo it would be worth it..
Forgetting one major component. The RS has the alum roof year 05 & 06.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
I would trade my car right now for an rs
Old Oct 4, 2011, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think RS's depreciate less from their original sticker price in comparison to a standard evo, but you have to remember that RS's sold for way less as well. I think when I was looking at RS's brand new they were like 27K.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 09:37 AM

Thanks for all the great input guys. Reason i ask is because i was thinking on selling my RS but now i'm not really sure. Was going to upgrade to a X for the cruise control and other cool things they offer but the RS is a pretty cool version without window motors problems if it shall become..I have a 2005 RS with only 21000 miles but it came with the convience package so it came with AC. I had an aftermarket stereo installed also just cause lol. I think i will ask too much for it so guess it will be best to just keep her
Old Oct 4, 2011, 09:38 AM

BTW Sticker price new was $29,774
Old Oct 4, 2011, 09:56 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hope you can keep it. I just love the raw feeling of the RS

Be great to have you post up in the gallery. We are trying to log-in all the RS owners here on EVOM

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ry-thread.html
Old Oct 4, 2011, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Hope you can keep it. I just love the raw feeling of the RS

Be great to have you post up in the gallery. We are trying to log-in all the RS owners here on EVOM

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ry-thread.html

Cool...I will
Old Oct 4, 2011, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 243 Likes on 219 Posts
saying stripping down an rs is cheaper than for a gsr is valid, but the market for gsr is bigger than market for rs by far. maybe 1 in 10 would actually be looking for an rs
Old Oct 5, 2011, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I own an RS also, and I would say that they are worth less to the general public. You might be able to get GSR money for the car. When I picked up my RS I paid way under GSR prices for it.

However if I had to do it all over again I will still buy an RS, I love it. The only time the manual windows suck is when it is about to start raining, I have to pull over on the side of the freeway and roll them all up . I always drive 4WD .

Quick Reply: Selling a RS versus a GSR