Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Car pulling left

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2011, 12:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car pulling left

Hey guys, this morning, on my way to work, I took a so and so hard turn left. Once the road straightened, the steering wheel stayed offset to the right and the car was pulling heavy to the left. It's the same road I drive every morning so I know it's not inclined to the left.

Then, after going over a harsh bump/pit, everything went back to normal. But when the car pulled left, I was kind of struggling to keep its heading as it should. What might have caused that behaviour? Tire pressure is OK, checked it right after the incident.

Thanks!
Old Oct 5, 2011, 12:48 AM
Evolving Member

you might want to go and have your alignment checked
Old Oct 5, 2011, 12:51 AM

Thanks for the reply. I had the alignment checked right before I bought the car - the previous owner did it, but tomorrow I will check it again. I thought maybe it was something wrong with the steering pump. Will check that, too.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 12:20 PM

That sounds like a bad front suspension or steering component. I'd definitely get it checked out asap. If the steering pump was bad, you would just have high effort to turn the wheel. More often than not, they make loud noises when they go bad too.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Sounds like a broken tie rod or a ball joint dislocation. Though... every time I've dropped a ball joint there was no mistaking it.

But it really sounds like one wheel was pointing one way and the other pointing the other way.

Get it to a shop asap. I'd probably crawl under there and yank around on the suspension components just to be sure.

USE JACKSTANDS M8!
Old Oct 9, 2011, 11:46 PM

Thanks for all the replies! I have checked the car, nothing bad was found. Someone tested the car taking hard turns, the car didn't exhibit that behaviour again. Might have been due to the unequal tire pressure - it had had some different values on all the tires, the lowest being on the front left. In any case, I will check it with another shop soon to get a second opinion.