Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Tempted to go with a FF turbo kit, BUT I WANT TO KEEP MY AC!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2011, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wife got me a gopro for my Bday so some decent vids will be thrown up as well.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Not gonna lie Smurf, probably the coolest manifold ever. That plus twinscroll, plus being able to get a filter on, plus AC, plus everything else....its gooood. Ur gonna have the FF fans eating from the palm of ur hand once you get a build thread up. Everything looks great bro...I can imagine the hell you and ur crew went thru with the install tho...thats a lot of good stuff crammed into a small area. Good luck with finishing the tuning...
Old Oct 6, 2011, 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
The maker of the mona Lisa 4WS sells is who made my manifold. All VBand. I will detail soon. Screw it I may throw a post up today since I kinda let the cat out of the bag. More pics:

G'Dammit this isn't how I wanted to start my build thread. LOL. Bastards

Now thats what I'm F*cking talking about!!!! Thing looks gorgeous!!!

I also have one of the beautiful Mona Lisa Manifolds currently In my car and I always get compliments on it :-)

Your FF is a gorgeous one also!!! Mmmmm I'm about to go on the website right after this to check them out!

When you do the write up for the AC conderser let me know!!! Im pretty determained to go FF if I can keep my damn AC! lol but my major issue right now is determining on the motor first! i cant decide with either a 2.0 or a 2.3L GOD DAMN IT!!!

Do you have a build thread going anywere smurfzilla?
Old Oct 6, 2011, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

No not yet. I actually started putting my car together April of this year but various delays, missing parts, yadda yadda yadda.....it was one thing after the other. The thing I hate about build threads is when someone posts they are really detailed until they get to a stopping point (parts on backorder, having to replace stuff, something breaks, etc) and then they disappear for a while. I'm determined to post a complete build thread with cost, issues I ran into, length of time it took, who was involved with the build, and finally the end result numbers and everything. I know I'm teasing you guys. It's been really hard for me.to keep this quiet. That's why it was kind of a waterfall of pics. I have so much to share just be a little patient with me. I want it to be as complete as possible.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Oh and I ran AC on the way home in stop and go traffic. 80 weather and it stayed rock solid below half and AC was ICE COLD. I had to turn it down.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

I'm almost done with scaling the injectors and getting the fuel trims good. Power tuning is next. This is gonna take a while (email tuning with a popular Tuner). Hard to be patient but I want.my.investment to last as long as possible and have a good broad power curve.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

they give you guys internet in afghanistan? wtf
Old Oct 6, 2011, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
OMFG That's SICK!!! I thought I was going to be done with modding my car after I get my cams in, but this is inspiring! Great job
Old Oct 6, 2011, 05:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by taylorgang
WTF kinda question is that? Do you know how crazy we would get with no Internet being deployed. This isn't Vietnam...
Old Oct 6, 2011, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

Lol. At the Nam comment.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Forgot to add I don't know its the 2.4, the high compression, the long rod configuration, the front.facing setup, the fact its a twin scroll or that this combo just flat out works. Off boost its a blast to drive. Think quick NA Honda
Old Oct 6, 2011, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

Forgot to add I don't know its the 2.4, the high compression, the long rod configuration, the front.facing setup, the fact its a twin scroll or that this combo just flat out works. Off boost its a blast to drive. Think quick NA Honda
Car looks awesome smurf! And to top it off, it's EB too.. I'm biased
Old Oct 6, 2011, 11:35 PM
Evolving Member

No not yet. I actually started putting my car together April of this year but various delays, missing parts, yadda yadda yadda.....it was one thing after the other. The thing I hate about build threads is when someone posts they are really detailed until they get to a stopping point (parts on backorder, having to replace stuff, something breaks, etc) and then they disappear for a while. I'm determined to post a complete build thread with cost, issues I ran into, length of time it took, who was involved with the build, and finally the end result numbers and everything. I know I'm teasing you guys. It's been really hard for me.to keep this quiet. That's why it was kind of a waterfall of pics. I have so much to share just be a little patient with me. I want it to be as complete as possible.

Thats pretty good! and yes I know exactly what you mean, i've seen some build threads go for months at a time! lol I'm not made of money either so it will deff take me a few months to get everything done exactly how I want it. Like i said i want to keep my AC so im going to deff work my hardest to be able to keep it if I go FF. If not, I might be considering a Top mount. Its been a while since I seen one be used on an Evo.

Also, how much did you get that manifold for if you don't mind me asking? PM me the price? that thing is super gorgeous! and if its the same quality as my Mona Lisa, I know it will be good!

Originally Posted by taylorgang
Yes we have internet out in Afghanistan. Even here on my small as FOB lol Alot of stuff is restricted though, if I type "evolutionm.net" it wont work. But if I do "forums.evolutionm.net" it works lol.

Anyone else wanna chime in on what they did to keep there A/C with a FF turbo kit?
Old Oct 7, 2011, 12:01 AM

I'm almost done with scaling the injectors and getting the fuel trims good. Power tuning is next. This is gonna take a while (email tuning with a popular Tuner). Hard to be patient but I want.my.investment to last as long as possible and have a good broad power curve.
All i'm saying is when its done I better get my ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 7, 2011, 12:03 AM
Evolving Member

where did you get the front tow hook

Quick Reply: Tempted to go with a FF turbo kit, BUT I WANT TO KEEP MY AC!!!