Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

So for all you double pumper users out there (esp those of you with the BlaqOps kit)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2011, 04:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So for all you double pumper users out there (esp those of you with the BlaqOps kit)

Have you experienced a situation where when you get to a quarter tank or a little less and the car acts like its going to stall out like its not getting fuel.

I have checked the pick up and level/float and they are both fine. I have all upgraded fuel system (Line, rail, injectors/2150's.......but this also did this on the 1450's I had previously).

Something to note is when I fill up it takes a WHILE to show a full tank. Not sure if its related but it sure as hell seems like it.

Those of you familiar with the BlaqOps kit know there is a progressive controller on it. I had it previously set to have the send pump kick on at 8PSI but I turned it down to 2PSI. Last night when I got to quarter tank it seemed to hesitate and stall out less but that may have been because I was pretty level roads (it seems really bad when I go around a corner or up a hill).

Any ideas for me to try?
Old Oct 6, 2011, 04:42 AM
Evolved Member

I run a blaqops and have never experienced that. My controller is set to start at 5 psi and full power at 15 psi.

The only thing close to your situation that I have been through is being out of fuel and my gauge still showing a little above E. No gas light or anything but my fuel pressure gauge kept dropping. Had to have a buddy bring a gallon of e85. It's only happened like 2 times though. Weird

Edit: quick question...do your filter socks face back or forward? I ask because I have noticed once when I was low that if I hit the brakes hard my fuel pressure would drop for a second then come back up. I'm wondering if I flip the pumps 180 if it will clear that up.

Which way is stock filter sock facing?

Last edited by 05VIII; Oct 6, 2011 at 04:50 AM.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 04:56 AM
Evolved Member

Filter socks is facing towards the back of the car.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Could not having a aftermarket fuel pressure regulator be part of my problem. This surging and bucking like its out of fuel happens driving normally, going around turns at normal speed, etc
Old Oct 6, 2011, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe your a lot lower than a quarter tank. Could your gauge sensor be off?
Old Oct 6, 2011, 08:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Its probably the siphon tube on backwards. pull out the assembly and flip it around.

-Em
Old Oct 6, 2011, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I have had no problems at all. I have ran around with the fuel light on a couple time
Old Oct 6, 2011, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

@Emery. never thought of that. I'll try that tonight and report back. You've seen these issues be related to that?
Old Oct 6, 2011, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This is a very very very common install issue on the Full Blown kits. A little knowledge into how the fuel system on the Evo works will help enlighten you...*cue fade out*

The siphon needs return fuel flow to pull fuel from the passenger side of the tank. Due to the driveshaft going down the middle of the tank the tank has two "saddles" as we'll call them. The driver side is bigger than the passenger side and they're connected. If you fill up the fuel is over the hump so it's fine. When fuel goes lower and you take a right hander fuel sloshes over the hump to fill the driver's side where the pumps are.

The issue that you're referring to is when the passenger side of the saddle tank isn't having the fuel suctioned up and over to the driver's side hence the siphon installed incorrectly. Your gauge reads 1/4 of a tank (there is 1/4 of a tank left in the passenger side saddle) but it isn't siphoning over so you can run out of gas at 1/4 of a tank.

The siphon needs return fuel flow from the railing to suction and pull fuel from the passenger side of the tank.

*cue fade in*

Hope this helps. It's been a long long long long long standing issue with Full Blown's and is all over the forums. It's an install issue...the other part of this is if it's been drilled out. If the siphon has been drilled out and both pumps don't run all the time this will also happen. The siphon tube is designed specifically to allow the fuel to be pulled. Drilling it out with only one pump running at a time will not allow it to suction. Make sure it's installed like short leg on left, long leg on right...like a 4

Old Oct 6, 2011, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Go it thanks for the laymans terms. Appreciate the help guys.