Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

loss of boost after shifting

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2011, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sujinX
are u kidding me? the snorkel doesnt do shiet to boost. its exactly what its name is. my stupid snorkel flaps all over the place but its not going to affect my boost because its not even connected to anything BUT the radiator support beam. all its doing is moving some air from the front towards the top of the filter if that.
the OP has an stm intake, he prolly doesnt even have a snorkel. if he does its just to divert air to the filter. how is that going to cut boost?
to build boost u need compressed air in a chambered atmosphere. if he's losing boost its somewhere in the charged air section. the only other area is if his intake is completely closed off resulting in no air induction. i dont see a snorkel doing that.

if the snorkel can really "cut boost" then the evo is horribly made. im sorry to say that, i guess i bought the wrong car.
Don't hold back. Its rather simple. Its like blocking off your intake. So if you are running your stock air box and the snorkel lifts up usually will happen under full boost the boost will taper off. So if you hit 24lbs your boost will slowly taper off. Really has nothing to do with the quality of the car. I forgot to put the clips back in mine so was lifting up and blocking the air flow. So that was why i was asking. Didn't see the STM intake was replying to another post in the thread. So i guess you did end up buying the wrong car. I am sure you won't have a problem selling it even with its flawed design.

Proof that the evo is a horribly made.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...hat-noise.html

Last edited by thedru13; Oct 11, 2011 at 05:32 AM.