Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Quesion on Importing Evo IV Shell

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question on Importing Evo IV Shell

First, I apologize if my question belongs in a different forum. I couldn't find any that would fit the subject. Second, I've search this forum and all around the internet, but I just couldn't find a clear cut answer that would help me understand what I would need to.

I found an Evo IV on Japperformanceparts.co.uk and they are willing to to sell it to me without the engine(so basically just the shell) for £3250 which is about $5000(correct me if I'm wrong please). Also I know I'll have to pay for the shipping,customs, agent all that stuff. So It'll probably be around 7-8k?

*also note this car is coming from the UK*

Question #1 - Would it still have have to go through customs even without the engine?

Question #2 - Are there specific parts I can take off to make the import easier? For example, the glass would be removed.

Question #3 - What would be the easiest way importing a shell?

Last edited by yoitsky0hh; Oct 10, 2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 08:28 PM

the absolute best way to have an evo IV in the states is to do a mirage conversion, there literally the same shell, you can find evo V front clips for 6500+ shipping. theres no customs you have to worry about and you will be able to legally drive the car on the streets. because of the mirage title.. If I'm not mistaken importing a car and if you finally get it registered your only able to drive it for something like a year or two...or if the cars something like 20 years old then you can legally import it and drive it on the streets...

your best bet at finding the rarer parts not included on front clips I found lancerregister.com it's a euro lancer forum that has all evo parts if you search.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 09:12 PM

Thats what I'm pretty much doing. Doing a 5g Mirage conversion. I just thought to myself that it'd be easier just to get the shell of the car and swap all the parts over instead of just getting all the parts seperatly.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
It will go through customs. Everything goes through customs. When my Evo 5 body parts showed up, they went through customs.

For an Evo 4, glass and doors are non essential, but you'd probably want the door cards.

Not a lot to say here... its one of those things that you'll need to pay for. It might be cheaper in the long run though... all depends on how good the shell is.

You should be wary though... many of these types of cars are stolen vehicles.