Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

should i be concerned?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2011, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts
Exclamation should i be concerned?

///

Last edited by RallySport9; Aug 11, 2019 at 10:37 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoVIIIxoxo
okay so ive had my 04 evo rs in a local machine shop since july 4th, since then my gf broke up with me, i lost my job and just have been having the worst luck.. i know cool story in the past 3 months the mechanic has requested me to buy a new crankshaft, rods, bearings and head gasket kit due to spun rod bearings, which ive done. I didnt want to be and annoying costumer by calling him constantly so iv been patient but i really want my car back at this point, he has given me no price as to how much the service is going to cost me and the last time i checked on my car i found my block on the floor and the evo covered in 20 pounds of dust,manager also has a stick up his *** he gets very aggravated when i asked him when it would finally be done...i guess my question is should i be concerned and is this normal for it to take this long?

>>he also says he is going to test it next week, he lost the immobilizer key and he said its okay..."I can hotwire it" i thought you couldn't hotwire thats the whole point of immobilizers right?
lol You trolling bro?
Old Oct 10, 2011, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah he should really be replacing that key. FYI You can get a key cut and turn off the immobilizer via ECUFlash. I think you should start looking for a new machine shop. Get a tow truck and move it. You gotta be firm with em and get in their faces bro, tell them something like "I'm not waiting anymore I'm taking my car". They can't do anything about that. I had an experience where my car was just sitting at a shop for 2 months, and whenever I asked what was going on I got a "we're gonna look at it next week" answer. I picked the car up and moved it. What a waste of time.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by Green_Bandit
lol You trolling bro?
i kid you not lol

Originally Posted by D-VO
Yeah he should really be replacing that key. FYI You can get a key cut and turn off the immobilizer via ECUFlash. I think you should start looking for a new machine shop. Get a tow truck and move it. You gotta be firm with em and get in their faces bro, tell them something like "I'm not waiting anymore I'm taking my car". They can't do anything about that. I had an experience where my car was just sitting at a shop for 2 months, and whenever I asked what was going on I got a "we're gonna look at it next week" answer. I picked the car up and moved it. What a waste of time.
ya man thanks, lucky for them im a shy person but il try that i really should get it out of there asap iv just never experienced this situation before so i thought it was normal...but its just too long.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

if this is a legitimate post then i cannot for the life of me understand why you would bring your car to a shop that take 3 months to assess the status of your motor. you should have requested that a quote be provided sooner and if the car is covered in 20lbs of dust time to yank it out of there and cut your losses
Old Oct 10, 2011, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zeus1
if this is a legitimate post then i cannot for the life of me understand why you would bring your car to a shop that take 3 months to assess the status of your motor. you should have requested that a quote be provided sooner and if the car is covered in 20lbs of dust time to yank it out of there and cut your losses
That's the inexperience man. All of us have gone through it at one point.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah, NO!
Old Oct 10, 2011, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

i guess so but even when i was a younger i did not just leave my car with an "open check book" as to the repair cost which sounds like the situation here. i feel for this guy if it is legit but why would anyone not get an estimate at least once the engine was opened then determine next steps plus if you see your motor in a state where it looks neglected then red flags!!
Old Oct 10, 2011, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
are you serious?!
if that was my evo in there, it'd be out of that shop as soon as i found out it wasnt finished being put together after the parts were ordered and installed.

go get your evo back!
Old Oct 10, 2011, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tim85851
are you serious?!
if that was my evo in there, it'd be out of that shop as soon as i found out it wasnt finished being put together after the parts were ordered and installed.

go get your evo back!
Old Oct 10, 2011, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

If I were you, I would take my car out of there with a tow truck and take it to a reputable shop.

If they try to charge you? ****KKK NOOOO!!!! Contact the BBB and let them handle it. Let them know that they have not a single thing to your car but take it appart.

I know your young probably, but grow some "huevo's" and give them a peice of your mind. If the owner continues to be a dick. call the tow truck right then and there, if they give you problems. call the cops.

And to be honest, what the guy was probably going to charge you... You probably could of gotten a 2.0 or 2.3L build.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Screw that if that was my evo i would go in there wirh my .45

Originally Posted by EvoVIIIxoxo
okay so ive had my 04 evo rs in a local machine shop since july 4th, since then my gf broke up with me, i lost my job and just have been having the worst luck.. i know cool story in the past 3 months the mechanic has requested me to buy a new crankshaft, rods, bearings and head gasket kit due to spun rod bearings, which ive done. I didnt want to be and annoying costumer by calling him constantly so iv been patient but i really want my car back at this point, he has given me no price as to how much the service is going to cost me and the last time i checked on my car i found my block on the floor and the evo covered in 20 pounds of dust,manager also has a stick up his *** he gets very aggravated when i asked him when it would finally be done...i guess my question is should i be concerned and is this normal for it to take this long?

>>he also says he is going to test it next week, he lost the immobilizer key and he said its okay..."I can hotwire it" i thought you couldn't hotwire thats the whole point of immobilizers right?
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
This is a ****ty situation. In all honesty i think you already know the answer to your question. This shop is a joke (by the sounds of things) pay for the services rendered and get it out of there.

I went through a similar rough patch lol earlier this summer, sucks but i'm better off for it. My machine shop took over 2 months to do the work, but i knew it was going to take at least that so it wasn't the end of the world.....also they didn't have my car, only the block. Either way a manager or whatever, should never get mad about you asking about the status of you car, to me thats just horrible customer service.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DJAfterShok
If I were you, I would take my car out of there with a tow truck and take it to a reputable shop.

If they try to charge you? ****KKK NOOOO!!!! Contact the BBB and let them handle it. Let them know that they have not a single thing to your car but take it appart.

I know your young probably, but grow some "huevo's" and give them a peice of your mind. If the owner continues to be a dick. call the tow truck right then and there, if they give you problems. call the cops.

And to be honest, what the guy was probably going to charge you... You probably could of gotten a 2.0 or 2.3L build.
I like your advice but he needs to use his cahones, not grow huevos (eggs).
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:50 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 350 Likes on 264 Posts
Get your car outa there. They seem very unprofessional and it doesn't seem like they care about their customers.