Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

electrical/stock gauge cluster problem please help! Evo 8

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2011 | 03:33 AM

electrical/stock gauge cluster problem please help! Evo 8

ok i finally got my LY EVO8 back from the shop and on the way back home i noticed a lot of wires had been moved around and my gauge cluster does not light up nor my aem air fuel gauge nor the CD player... it seems just like a tiny wiring problem but wiring is not my thing if you guys could help it would be greatly appreciated! i kinda just need to know what fuse/wire to tamper with to get those to be up and running again and btw it sucks not seeing you gauge cluster at night lol thanks fellas!
Old Oct 14, 2011 | 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dylan_EVO_VIII
ok i finally got my LY EVO8 back from the shop and on the way back home i noticed a lot of wires had been moved around and my gauge cluster does not light up nor my aem air fuel gauge nor the CD player... it seems just like a tiny wiring problem but wiring is not my thing if you guys could help it would be greatly appreciated! i kinda just need to know what fuse/wire to tamper with to get those to be up and running again and btw it sucks not seeing you gauge cluster at night lol thanks fellas!
First thing I would do is call the shop and ask them why all your stuff isn't working.

Second thing is, after they telly you some nonsense about them not touching anything like that is to check to make sure all the connections are correct.

You can check in your manual for the fuses... I'm not sure if the interior lights are all on the same fuse like that. The box is located right by your left knee when driving though... you can check those fuses.
Old Nov 27, 2011 | 01:07 PM

got them fixed! thanks man!
Old Nov 27, 2011 | 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by dylan_EVO_VIII
got them fixed! thanks man!
Wouldn't hurt to state what the issue was incase anyone with similar issues searches and comes across this thread. Just saying.