Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Just HATE the fact that I wasn't here first..

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2011, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 242 Likes on 218 Posts
wait so the only reason you don't like it is because you're not the first owner?
Old Oct 14, 2011, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OP, I know exactly what you're talking about. I had a 2008 X bought new and there's that little extra feeling you get as opposed to getting even a mint used car. It's just that uncertainty of not knowing, not being the one to drive it from the start. I currently have a 06 IX MR and absolutely love it. And even though I have almost sold it twice, both times afterwards I wonder what I was thinking. The car is just amazing.

I think it comes down to realizing you're going to be extremely happy either way, but used if you get the right one and maintain it, is a better investment. I can't believe how my IX is holding it's value. Just gotta accept that voice in the back of your mind bugging you about the previous xx,xxx miles.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 12:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All the original owner did was break it in for you.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 12:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tougeFZ
All the original owner did was break it in for you.
And fart in the seats a bunch
Old Oct 15, 2011, 12:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i bought mine with 8k. i have 95k on her now. i may not have been her first, but i married her.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 02:13 AM
Evolving Member

I am the second owner of my IX and I feel no remorse with my purchase. The previous owner took good care of it and added some tasteful mods that I would have done myself anyway, which saved me money in the long run. I have so much fun with the car I forget, and could care less that it is used.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by dyamanoha
I know exactly how you feel. I just got my 06 MR less than a month ago with 40k miles on it. The thing is in pristine shape.

I have a bit of buyers remorse (I know this is blasphemy) and I can't help and wonder if I should have looked into the 2011 sti's. I think they're pretty gorgeous. I'm sure that in the end, though, if I would have bought an sti, I would have had different regrets. One thing that gives me solace in my decision is that I see at least 3 or 4 wrx/sti's on the road on any give day -- and I see maybe another evo once a week. We stand out
Dude, I see an Evo in NY 1 a month! lol, They are so rare over here, I'm planning in getting one in a few months, trust me all these suckers who don't like talking to me are going to be in my dick when I come trough with that turbo hissing from across the block. lol
Old Oct 15, 2011, 03:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sho669
The evo will NEVER be in the same collectors bracket as any Yenko car! The pruduction run is too long. The value may go up but a collectors car...not likely.

You guys have to remember outside of the community here people don't obsess about these cars, let alone know what they are. Just because it's worth a million dollars to a small group of die-hards doesn't make it a collectors car...more like a cult classic.

To the OP, new cars bring their own set of issues, performance cars are the worst if you want a warranty. I wouldn't worry much about the car not being brand new, keep up on the maintanence and it'll be just fine. Enjoy it for what it is!
The exact same could be said about the camaro. The 67,68,69 all pretty much look the same. Both Evo and Camaro have racing history. I would say that the IX prob has lower production numbers than the Camaro. This debate will go on for yrs. Im not a evo fanboi, I do love the car but enjoi lots of other cars. There is something about the IX though that is special and will in time be in rarified air. Like certain year GTO's Camaro's Muffstangs, ect..

Official Chevrolet production records show a total of 220,906 Camaros built in 1967; 235,147 Camaros built in 1968; and 243,085 Camaros built in the last year of the first generation, 1969. Note that the 1969 model year was extended to November 1969, 4 months longer than normal

8201 - Total exported Evolution IX to North America (USA) not even close in numbers. To the OP think about how many great cars have been passed around through the years. Just like the most of classics there is plenty of parts and support for thier respective platforms.

Last edited by 9evolution; Oct 15, 2011 at 07:21 AM.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 05:47 AM

I just sold my integra, looking to buy a evo. i found a very nice 03 evo ssl, but i am deff leaning more to the 06 evo. what would be the max mileage of a used evo would you buy? ive heard they start having tranny problems around 60k+ this true?
Old Oct 15, 2011, 06:49 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by aharmon904
I just sold my integra, looking to buy a evo. i found a very nice 03 evo ssl, but i am deff leaning more to the 06 evo. what would be the max mileage of a used evo would you buy? ive heard they start having tranny problems around 60k+ this true?
Yes, of course. I'm sure you looked at the transmission forums and noted all the problem threads. Good luck.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 07:37 AM
Evolving Member

Its just never a good investment to buy a car brand new due to the depreciation they have every year.As long as it was well maintained and you got it for a good price just consider yourself lucky.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by heavens turbo
i bought mine with 8k. i have 95k on her now. i may not have been her first, but i married her.
HAHAHA nice!
Old Oct 15, 2011, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

I love my second hand IX! At first I used to freak out daily and used to call my friend( master tech @ the dealer I bought it from) to ask him what was wrong. ex. Timing belt squeal, notchy tranny, rattles, whines, basically all sorts of stuff that you wouldnt expect from a newer car. Then I kept doing my own research and found out that these cars do all of that out the factory with 0 miles

I dont think I will ever get rid of this car