Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

MAF mesh, screen or honeycomp removal

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
MAF mesh, screen or honeycomp removal

I wanted to know about this modification.

there is a repercussion on this modification?

how many hp's can gain from this?
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Leave it alone. Removing it can really screw with MAF readings since it increases air turbulence.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You don't need to do this until you're maxing out the stock MAF which has been shown to be 700+. On a lower horsepower car it yields nothing that I've ever seen. It was popular on DSM's back in the day. I removed mine on the suggestion of my tuner and my car ran the exact same. Generally at higher horsepower you remove it because bigger turbos have a habit of eating them
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 05blue8
You don't need to do this until you're maxing out the stock MAF which has been shown to be 700+. On a lower horsepower car it yields nothing that I've ever seen. It was popular on DSM's back in the day. I removed mine on the suggestion of my tuner and my car ran the exact same. Generally at higher horsepower you remove it because bigger turbos have a habit of eating them
Yes is what I heard that the bigger turbos eating it, so advise me, I am going with a bigger turbo, also look for some extra hp.

I searched in some threads and some people talk about this honeycomp is absorbed by the turbo, close to 500hp in bigger turbos.

I would like to continue listening to other people's experiences regarding this topic, I like to know if the setting is changed or if there is something wrong with the removal of this screen, as you said your car run normal without this mesh, this is what I would like to know.