Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Is this a good deal??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2011, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this a good deal??

What's up guys, just wanted some input on Cosmo Motors Online.. Not sure if any of you have had any experience with them. This deal seems almost to good from what I've seen around. Long story short I sold my Evo IX bought a truck and want another Evo, obviously. Yes I know.. but on cosmomotorsonline if you check out the red Evo IX with 24,xxx miles for 25,000 tell me what you guys think. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Oh and I live in FL I'm in the military and I'm on leave in TN so it would be a good drive to NC to get the car so I want to make sure it's worth it. Thanks in advance cheers
Old Oct 15, 2011, 11:26 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There are a few threads on here about Cosmo Motors, most of the comments were positive ones. I believe there is a member on here that either works for them or has close ties that could help you out.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 11:39 AM

Thanks, I'll look into it. And I see you're from Knoxville I have a bunch of friends that went to UTK. I'd be driving through there on the way back, I'm in Murfreesboro.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

I've heard some sketchy things about them from a local.

There is another shop in Hickory/Boone area that is super familiar with Evo's. I'd have them check it out before travelling up.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
24k miles, for 25k dollars. I'd say that's about the going rate, it's not a fantastic deal but it's defenetly low miles, to give u a bit of an idea, I payed 24k dollars for my EVO 9 MR edition when it had 26k miles, now I live here in Hawaii and the RS and MR are much more rare then the rest of the models, you can say I was a bit lucky, with your situation of being on leave, time is the issue so if I were u, I'd defenetly jump on it but I would defenetly call them, explain to them that your traveling long distNce to them and would like to at least know if there's a little wiggle room in the price, figure if they at least knocked off a grand that would pay for the trip there and back. One last thing, if the cars mostly stock, that's a great thing, if it's heavily modded just think about the potential abuse the EVO might have taken, good luck, and from one vetran to another thanks for your service.

Last edited by adam_79_2005; Oct 15, 2011 at 11:58 AM.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 01:07 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by jsmits2689
Thanks, I'll look into it. And I see you're from Knoxville I have a bunch of friends that went to UTK. I'd be driving through there on the way back, I'm in Murfreesboro.
Very cool! Not a whole lot of EVOs around here to speak of, I think there are 10 or so in the area that I know of. Only know 2 of them personally.

Good Luck on your search! I had originally considered Cosmo myself before I lucked out on a trade at a local dealership.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

If you have questions about cosmo go to the Southeast section. Kasey who now owns His Motorsports used to check out their Evo's I believe if I remember correctly.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 07:07 PM

Thanks a lot guys! Found someone to buy my truck so hopefully I can get that sold in the next day or two and fly out to NC and drive her back. And thanks for the reference to Kasey I'll get in touch with him. I would definitely prefer someone look at it before I commit, sell my truck and fly out there and not have everything match up.