Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Considering selling my Z06 to buy another EVO....

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2011, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The only Vette I could see myself owning, if money werent a factor is the 2012 ZR1
Old Oct 27, 2011, 06:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
go for the evo man if that makes you happier.. after you sell the evo you can buy a low mileage 9 fully built that will walk all over that vette, while having money left for other investments. Beautiful vette but like you said when things break the evo will be much cheaper to maintain and is a car that can be driven all year. Goodluck with your decsion
Old Oct 27, 2011, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Even IF you are talking about "all-out" performance. The evo is a much better and SAFER bet. If you track the car at all (which you haven't mentioned) Z06s are fast as heck, but are VERY VERY hard to control near the limits and the limit approaches with little or no warning. The evo is much more controllable and forgiving, especially on the street where you do the majority of your driving. Unless you are a professional (or very seasoned) driver, you will get much more satisfaction and enjoyment out of the evo. Also you obviously get the added benefit of 2 more seats, more storage, and a car that won't try and kill you in the rain.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wjamyers
I think it's crazy you can even compare the two. can't wait to see what a few mods will do.
As far as road course racing the two cars actually go hand-n-hand with eachother and make for really good competition on the track...the Evo obviously smokes the vette on corner exit but what the Z06 lacks in exit it gains in the straight away...I run track days with the Corvette Club out here in Seattle every year and its always some of the funnest racing I do all year. I would 100% take a C6 Z06 over a ZR1 for a track day though!
Old Oct 27, 2011, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
The only Vette I could see myself owning, if money werent a factor is the 2012 ZR1
A ZR1 is almost twice as much as a C6 Z06. There was a guy who owns a shop down here and recently sold his ZR1 for a C6 Z06. He basically said its way too much money to mod the ZR1 and it wont be faster then a C6 Z06. Just to throw something out there... They have a C6 Z06 S/C that traps 152mph
Old Oct 27, 2011, 07:51 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 2theMAX
Everything is just so expensive for them. The LS7 has a somewhat common failure of dropping valves and destroying the engine. So a tune/heavy mods is out of the question because I don't have $16k for a new crate motor.
How is any of this an issue? I mean, mod for what reason? We're talking about one of the most powerful cars available today. If it were me, I'd try to learn to drive the thing the best I could.

The Evo was just more fun all around.
This I can understand.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get what fits you best and what you think you'll enjoy most. As for me, I ended up keeping both(stock 07 c6 z06 & fully built 06 evo MR). I just enjoy having more than 1 type of car. Each car does diff purpose so..
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

I want a Z06. I've looked at a bunch, but mostly dealerships so they weren't willing to work on the price. If it's something you're really interested in, I have a 9 MR, super clean in awesome condition, title in hand, that I had for sale for around $24k, but I'd trade it plus cash for your car.

If it makes you feel any better I'll probably never get rid of my blue Evo. If I did, I'd proably end up with another Evo. I have 3 for God's sake.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FJF
How is any of this an issue? I mean, mod for what reason? We're talking about one of the most powerful cars available today. If it were me, I'd try to learn to drive the thing the best I could.

This I can understand.
My evo 8 made 650 to the wheels. The vette feels nothing like it did. Are any of us ever content?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:45 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 2theMAX
Are any of us ever content?
Yes.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 11:11 PM
Evolving Member

i would sell the Z06 buy a gen 2 viper and a evo 8 :-) just sayin
Old Oct 28, 2011, 01:12 AM

What is currently the cheapest price possible in US to get a used Z06?
Old Oct 28, 2011, 02:42 AM
Evolved Member

Wow! I can't believe I'm reading this. I thought for sure you'd be happy with the z06. I know I've thought about getting one, but only because I wouldn't plan on modding it. I think the only thing I would consider is a pair of DRs so I could take it to the track and run low 11s. Heck, some of them have ripped off high 10's stock. I know the payment isn't cheap and I'm sure the insurance isn't cheap either, but I always figured that was money I would have spent modding another vehicle.

I can understand missing the Evo though. Its easy to tinker with, and make gobs of power at a reasonable price. In the end you need to do whatever makes you happy man. GL
Old Oct 28, 2011, 06:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FJF
Yes.
Not me. Maybe its a sickness. I'm glad I'm not like that with women. I can stay happily married that way.... I appreciate everyones input. Definitely what I was looking for. This is the absolute worst time to try and sell a summer car....
Old Oct 28, 2011, 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fredevo6
What is currently the cheapest price possible in US to get a used Z06?
If you want a C6 Z06 (2006 - current), you can find an 06 with miles for high $30's low $40's.

Quick Reply: Considering selling my Z06 to buy another EVO....