Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Considering selling my Z06 to buy another EVO....

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2011, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
and when the c7 vette is released with revised everything youll be devastated if you buy a z06 now. better interior! i hope
Old Oct 28, 2011, 07:37 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
lol at evo handling better.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 07:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
one more vote to get an evo....follow your heart lol
Old Oct 28, 2011, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Go to a TTA or PTA NASA race. Take a look at what stock suspension Z06s can do. Handling better - you just think that. Evo needs a fair amount of work and upgrades to compete against a Vette. That's not some opinion. That's racing.

What you are looking for is something you can modify as a hobby. You're real complaint is that you can't just throw money at a Vette for s/g's. In which, get a Honda Civic. You can **** away all the money you want on a car like that.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you need more speed in this thing, which you probably do coming from a 67mm car, I'd spray this thing it will easily hold a solid 100-150 shot.

But Smike is right, take it to a track and you should see why this car is so badass.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Z06 needs track tires to be competitive. On treet tires and street surface the Evo wins.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 242 Likes on 218 Posts
lol people always come back to the evo.. i'd definitely say it might not be how you remember it though.. especially since yours had so much power
Old Oct 28, 2011, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well the evo is a rally car by blood and with the proper adjustments and suspension, it will shine like no other. The vette can't even play once the gravel and dirt roads/snow come into play. ON the tarmac, the z06 should have no problem, but the evo would give it a great run for its money with the right setup. But when the z06 drives back home on the tarmac, the evo can take a shortcut in the woods.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:08 AM

If you're driving the vette and thinking of an evo then you answered your own question...go with the evo
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:59 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Ev0ikon
Z06 needs track tires to be competitive. On treet tires and street surface the Evo wins.
please share the data you are basing that fact on?
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:00 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Broham
Well the evo is a rally car by blood and with the proper adjustments and suspension, it will shine like no other. The vette can't even play once the gravel and dirt roads/snow come into play. ON the tarmac, the z06 should have no problem, but the evo would give it a great run for its money with the right setup. But when the z06 drives back home on the tarmac, the evo can take a shortcut in the woods.
This thread is sofa king ridiculous.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2theMAX

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
dime a dozen or not that thing is still badass looking... either way you go you have one hell of a car that not many people can get. just do what makes you happy
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Ev0ikon
Z06 needs track tires to be competitive.
That's all a Vette needs. (And on street tires - it's hands down faster than an Evo around a track. Don't let AWD fool you. Its a crutch if you let it be one.

What's an Evo need to be truly competitive on the track or AX?

Don't get me wrong. I loved my Evo. Raced it too. Great track car. But when it comes down to tooling around out there or winning...I'd get a Vette. Pound for pound more car than the Evo.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:12 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MR Turco
lol at evo handling better.
The Evo does handle better. That's what the car does. It's not a drag machine, though it can make for a very good one, and it's not a show car that has a snowball's chance in hell of making it out of its own driveway without plowing, and it's not a canvas for someone's haphazardly conceived modding fantasies; it's a scalpel-precise cornering monster. Now, if you were to say that a typical forum-modded Evo doesn't handle better than a ZO6 that hasn't been similarly screwed up, sure, I agree completely. If you were to assert that a properly optioned ZO6 will have more grip than an Evo on street tires, OK again. This isn't meant to take anything away from the ZO6. It's a fantastic machine.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:19 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by FJF
The Evo does handle better. That's what the car does. It's not a drag machine, though it can make for a very good one, and it's not a show car that has a snowball's chance in hell of making it out of its own driveway without plowing, and it's not a canvas for someone's haphazardly conceived modding fantasies; it's a scalpel-precise cornering monster. Now, if you were to say that a typical forum-modded Evo doesn't handle better than a ZO6 that hasn't been similarly screwed up, sure, I agree completely. If you were to assert that a properly optioned ZO6 will have more grip than an Evo on street tires, OK again. This isn't meant to take anything away from the ZO6. It's a fantastic machine.
I dont understand the argument about winter. The vette is in a different class where the majority of owners don't need to drive it in the winter or live in a place where they can drive it all year round. Its a moot point and ridiculous. Try to drive your evo with the factory tires in the winter, let me know how far you get on snow.

I loved my evo, I've raced both and there is no way i could agree that the evo was better handling even with 2x the suspension investment and parts.

Quick Reply: Considering selling my Z06 to buy another EVO....