Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Considering selling my Z06 to buy another EVO....

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Considering selling my Z06 to buy another EVO....

I have had two EVO's in the past. An 06 and an 03. I built both of them and had lots of fun years ago. I ended up not having a car for 3 years while we went through buying a new house and settling in. It came time for me to finally get another car and I ended up buying a 2008 black Z06. At first the car was awesome. I have had it for about a month and I cannot stop thinking about my EVO's. The handling was better, the payments were less.... The Evos was just more of a joy all around. The Vette just isn't doing it for me. My Evo 8 had a 2.3 stroker with T67 turbo, 1600 cc injectors, E85, etc. It was a beast and I miss it. I always wondered what it was like having a Z06 even though I used to beat up on them on the street. Everything is just so expensive for them. The LS7 has a somewhat common failure of dropping valves and destroying the engine. So a tune/heavy mods is out of the question because I don't have $16k for a new crate motor. The Evo was just more fun all around. I am 33 and have always had a passion for cars and love working on and modifying them. Life is all about the pursuit of happiness and I am left yearning for something different. The Z06 is a bad *** car don't get me wrong. For what I am paying a month, it just doesn't make sense for me when I could have an EVO that is paid off and has so much more potential in my mind. Just needed to vent. My wife hates me right now lol.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Since it's been a while since you had an evo, much has changed. A lot of new parts/turbos have been released. I'd advise to get an evo and pocket the cash for other purposes. With the z06 trade you'll have plenty to play with and you wont miss not having back seats/smaller trunk and rwd for snow!
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Z06 is a badass car mang, got any pics?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Go for the evo man, vettes are a dime a dozen.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

vette has a nice outside, but the inside is a tragedy a true tragedy. at 1 point, it looks like a cobalt. shame really that it's that terrible for over 50k
Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The real problem is the tires... $900-$1300 just for rears if you want them to stick. I have tuned hundreds of them and they are very nice and easy to make power just like the evo but very expensive. Heads and cams + bpu your over 550 whp... Pretty easy.

You could also look at 996 TT for the same price range as well... just a thought ;-)

Evan Smith
Old Oct 27, 2011, 11:46 AM

Evo's deff a cheaper and smarter choice but zo6 c6 is badass
Old Oct 27, 2011, 12:07 PM

Time for a evo man
Old Oct 27, 2011, 12:13 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I have never once considered owing a Corvette. They're hopelessly impractical, expensive to maintain and modify, and they're not very flexible in terms of durability on rough roads (like the ones we have here). My dad pulling out of his driveway (in a nice neighborhood) would scrape everytime, and it took me forever to get in and out.

If it were me, I'd be getting back into an EVO in a heart beat. Build it, or keep it stock, you already know the feeling!
Old Oct 27, 2011, 12:17 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sell the C6 z06 & get a C5 z06 & an evo VIII or IX!!
Old Oct 27, 2011, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CAD EVO
Z06 is a badass car mang, got any pics?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old Oct 27, 2011, 12:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Broham
Since it's been a while since you had an evo, much has changed. A lot of new parts/turbos have been released. I'd advise to get an evo and pocket the cash for other purposes. With the z06 trade you'll have plenty to play with and you wont miss not having back seats/smaller trunk and rwd for snow!
Very curious what is out now.....

Originally Posted by esevo
The real problem is the tires... $900-$1300 just for rears if you want them to stick. I have tuned hundreds of them and they are very nice and easy to make power just like the evo but very expensive. Heads and cams + bpu your over 550 whp... Pretty easy.

You could also look at 996 TT for the same price range as well... just a thought ;-)

Evan Smith
I completely agree. Everything is expensive and I don't know how to work on these.

Originally Posted by Ramen_Noodle
I have never once considered owing a Corvette. They're hopelessly impractical, expensive to maintain and modify, and they're not very flexible in terms of durability on rough roads (like the ones we have here). My dad pulling out of his driveway (in a nice neighborhood) would scrape everytime, and it took me forever to get in and out.

If it were me, I'd be getting back into an EVO in a heart beat. Build it, or keep it stock, you already know the feeling!
More examples on why I am leaning toward letting it go...

Thanks for the feedback.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

I sold my base model C6 for my Evo X. I missed how my old evo 8 drove.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 01:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 01CBR929
I sold my base model C6 for my Evo X. I missed how my old evo 8 drove.
Are you happy with the X or do you still miss the 8/9?
Old Oct 27, 2011, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2theMAX
Lol I'm alone on this but I vote to keep the batmobile

Quick Reply: Considering selling my Z06 to buy another EVO....