Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

11,000 RPM is so old news.......

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2011, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
David, I have a lot of respect for you but I don't understand what's the point of making a thread that basically tries to downplay another vendor's work product.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by highlyevolved
To add a few facts of my own:

- Whenever a car gets featured in any blog/magazine/website and gets hyped up, chances are that there was advertisement/sponsorship/back rubbing involved
- You can't really trust any endorsements for tuning shops in online forums, half the time the endorsements come from people affiliated with the shop
- Automotive reporting/magazines/etc. is generally a cesspool of advertising and promotion, with generally few little trustworthy commentary

These videos are awesome and show the awesome tuning potential of the 4G63 platform from a very early stage. The fact is, there are pioneers, and there are copy cats. The copy cats that don't recognize the pioneers are probably the least trust worthy ones.

Just my two cents.
I don't know if you are for or against me and it doesn't matter, I agree with what you have said above.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dtrackstar
David, I have a lot of respect for you but I don't understand what's the point of making a thread that basically tries to downplay another vendor's work product.
I appreciate the respect. I sat back and watched for a few years actually, the shenanigans going on. Then last week I was flat out insulted. The fact is the facts need to be pointed out. Is it downplaying pointing out that something has already been done years ago and actually proven beyond a CAD drawing and dyno? Is it downplaying to show the results can be done/have been done with parts that are a tenth the price? If so, I am guilty, but my main objective is simply pointing out the facts.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by David Buschur
We tried! Didn't you see the Youtube video's of it? Al had something going with some producers but it never came to be. We shot some of the pilot here at our shop, check out his Youtube channel. hahaha
That's too bad, that would have been a good show.

You should give it a try again!

-Bink
Old Nov 9, 2011, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Video Atlas put together for Al with some of the stuff shot at our shop in it. At the time they said there were simply too many car related reality shows on and chose not to do it.

Al was the main man in working with them, they were going to shoot it all here at our shop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64xCDKitnUQ
Old Nov 9, 2011, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

That's cool !

Too bad Al was the main guy working with them. If he hadn't been, I bet the show would have taken off

-Bink
Old Nov 9, 2011, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

I really think it would be a hit. Some times you need to make some noise to stir it up and be interesting. There is nothing that says we all have to accept spyros work being superior all around due to baller parts.

And to those who saw what Spyros wrote, he crossed the line with his comments when buschur simply said comments but didnt say anywhere near what spyros wrote. The mods cleaned it because it was that flagrant. What spyros is doing is cool and great to see, but others need to see it's not a new "step" in engine design. He aen't no Preston Tucker of our time. I also will respect that Spyros is doing his own thing and sharing what hes cooking in his garage.

I digress. Let's get this show on the air!
Old Nov 9, 2011, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

LMAO, that show would have been awesome!
Old Nov 9, 2011, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnBradley

10,985 in this pic.
Look at the first comment on this screen shot. Oh, irony.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

I used to watch sheps vid almost every day years ago....and it is crazy to think how much everythings changed, but his car/motor/driving is still amazing. With that setup I think you guys were ahead of the curve and everyone is now caught up to a lot of the specs you were doing 5+ years ago.

Nice reminder vids!

Ive also talked with Quinn and Nate Whipple many of times and he never said he invented the first solid lifter, pretty interesting

Last edited by 420a-t; Nov 9, 2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
If you look close in the left upper corner of the AIM it shows 83psi of boost.

DANG
Old Nov 9, 2011, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

I'm not sure how much boost we ran in the black drag EVO, the map sensor was only a 5 bar and it was buried at 60.2 psi of boost/flat lined on our 172.74 mph run! haha That was just using some old gasoline though, nothing so high tech as methanol! ROFL
Old Nov 9, 2011, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That show would of been awesome!
Old Nov 9, 2011, 12:31 PM
Account Disabled

Damn, it looks like I missed all the fun in the other thread....
Old Nov 9, 2011, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First video is nice. Any clue who built the motor in the mustang that won the race? That car took off.

Quick Reply: 11,000 RPM is so old news.......