Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

11,000 RPM is so old news.......

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2011, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by phizzalot
Well I had a question since this thread is to educate the forum. I've heard of 4g63's being reved that high before but never saw such good video of one in a nice street evo.

The ET build is a good job in my book, although I think the lag will not be very competitive against a BR or any other shop build here with the same cash.
Only impressive part I saw was the clutch and quick shifting.. DB/AWD what is your opinion on that?

By the Way I think DB is true asset to evom and AWD is the only shop that I brought my cars too that did excellent repairs!
The clutch is one of the most interesting parts of the ET stuff, the price I think would scare me. I won't even buy the a Tilton anymore, $5,000, limited life and horrible rebuilds. I can't imagine what it would be like on the clutch. As for the trans, dogbox, they shift with or without the clutch. Shepherd Transmissions builds them everyday and there is a production sequential shifter for them that can be set up through a stand alone to shift itself. Ever seen the STM car from New Zealand or wherever it's from? Now that is impressive shifting.

Honestly, the big money parts like the Tilton (yes, $5,000 to me is big money for a clutch) and $7500 for a dog box are life savers when it comes to drag racing but I am even more impressed with a guy who can power shift a stock box on an Exedy Triple.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
Someones salty... If you think this is bad you should see his facebook page
Nobody salty. 95% of the posts on here know where I am coming from. If you don't like what's on the BR Facebook page, just let me know your name and I can take you right off, or you can do it yourself.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

No, thank YOU and the other 95% in this thread who get it. Thank you again for your service too! Veterans Day Friday, have a beer on me.

Originally Posted by evo9nuuub
David Buschur......... THANK YOU FOR THIS THREAD! i GET IT, i see the same thing happening with the gen coupes and new evos and 370z's ect, ect, for the majority of modders, its not about balance and driveability its all about having the "OVERBUILT" parts and the "race part" this and "race part" that, i think 450-500whp in an evo is MORE than enough for the street (but we could all know power is like crack). I also think mitsu did a pretty damn good job with building and designing the motors in our cars (they spent YEARS and $$$,$$$,$$$ developing and testing the EVO and what do people do? change out engine and aero body parts without thinking about the REAL effect on performance), NEWER doesn't always mean BETTER. I think the japanese philosophy on tunning still hasn't caught on here but hopefully it does. Performance shouldn't sacrifice the balance of the car, i mean damn nissan/datsun was reving higher than 11krpm's back in the 70's!

And think about how much performance they had back then, in the early 80's nissan raced a 280zx with 600hp and OWNED. that was BACK IN THE DAY before all the advanced tech we have now, its sad to say but i really don't think many people are reaching the full potential of their cars with the parts they have due to the fact they aren't as educated as they should be. I don't claim to know everything but i really wish i was closer to a big shop, i think AWD is like 6-7hrs away from me. But when i do finally decide to get my ride together i'll tune for reliable good power, instead of going for the golden egg.

P.S.- i might be deploying in january, i may have to ship my car out to dave and see what he can do with it lol
Old Nov 9, 2011, 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WongFu
Who's salty?

i doubt its dave! lol i think SOMEBODY ELSE IS THOUGH get em dave haha
Old Nov 9, 2011, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

I would be salty too if some of your prior accomplishments are being duplicated by a new shop (which is not a problem in itself), but many in that thread post like said accomplishment has never been done.

Funny that this 11,000RPM issue came up.

My cousin, recently showed me the video of the ET car, and told me how amazing it was (thinking I did not know about the build).

I pretty much showed him the youtube videos DB posted previously.

Keep it real DB.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
There are a few DSMers in Colorado that have built engines that can run (and have) 12k+ if need be. Its been done. This is also the area that a dry sump starts coming in very handy.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

I think this image is appropriate.

11,000 RPM is so old news.......-ctqnc.jpg
Old Nov 9, 2011, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

Dave I just wanted to tell you I enjoy your comments and post and would love to take you up on a beer if I could but well as you would have it Im deployed on my 7th deployment and cant enjoy any alcohol well atleasnt not while anyone is looking. And I would also love to take advantage of your spending this deployment money on your parts but I dout my unit will be too happy when I get car parts sent to afghanistan. Expect some orders come this summer when I return home!
Old Nov 9, 2011, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by David Buschur
Thank you again for your service too! Veterans Day Friday, have a beer on me.
ill take you up on that offer! heres my paypal vanartsdalens@yahoo.com
Old Nov 9, 2011, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

This thread made my day!
Old Nov 9, 2011, 10:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by awdturbo8
this thread made my day!
+1,000,000
Old Nov 9, 2011, 11:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by WongFu
What a horrible pass I bet ET's billet titanium everything will do that in 7's! HAHAHAHA! On a serious note quick question for AWD your built block and head ball park figure please but how much did it cost you? And I think I seen some where ET's titanium cams are upwards of $6K. I much perfer a BR motor and head at these prices.

We run all the BR off the shelf parts to be honest.. if you like a quote on anything PM and ill get you in the right direction.. DOnt wanna take BR thread off topic and into sales..
Old Nov 10, 2011, 12:59 AM
Evolved Member

ave I generally think you're a pretty big douche and post unnecessary comments all the time, but...

The first time I saw the 11k rpm video, I was thinking to myself, "self, that's pretty cool, and god I love the sound of it."

After the 4th repost of the video I ran across in separate threads, the more ridiculous people's reactions became and the more annoyed I got.

This thread is needed to remind people that shiny parts and high price tags don't necessarily make a shop Godly. A brand new stand alone, that's pretty cool, tell me more. The rest of it, show me one good time slip.

-Acree
Old Nov 10, 2011, 01:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by David Buschur
Shepherd Transmissions builds them everyday and there is a production sequential shifter for them that can be set up through a stand alone to shift itself. Ever seen the STM car from New Zealand or wherever it's from? Now that is impressive shifting.
Spot on DB. Love the passion and deff think that the STM Ghost Shifter is more impressive. Probably doesnt get the recognition it should cos its not made out of space material lol.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

ET is a show off, that thinks his **** don't stink....

DB is a show off, that thinks his **** don't stink....

Of course they aren't going to get along.

DB: That guy is in GREECE bro, who cares. Have you been to his website? There is nothing there worth a crap. You can't even buy anything. Let alone call them.

Meanwhile I can call Buschur, I can order from the website, etc etc. This guy isn't even worth you getting upset. He technically doesn't even exist. If there were only 2 shops in the world autozone or Extreme tuners, we would all have autozone parts because you can't even order anything from that guy.

Ignore that dude he is just talking **** he can't even prove anything. Has he shown up to a DSM Shootout????? Invite him I say....

Quick Reply: 11,000 RPM is so old news.......