Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: which one?
EVO X
25.93%
EVO IX
74.07%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: what should i get evo x or evo ix?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2011, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poll: what should i get evo x or evo ix?

i am getting a new car, dd, cant decide what to get though, a evo x or evo ix, i really like the styling of the x but really like the performance of the ix, and i am also trying to decide which transmission to get, auto or manual, i would get the auto but im scared with probably 350hp ill probably blow out the tranny, so what should i get?
Old Nov 12, 2011, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Use this sticky man it'll have all the info and sh!tstorming you need

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-ix-merge.html
Old Nov 12, 2011, 04:52 PM

i looked at that thread before, its just a riot about how i like this more than this
Old Nov 12, 2011, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
And this thread would turn into the same

I like the X but I def wouldn't get rid of my VIII for it. I may by a used one down the road so then I'll have both
Old Nov 12, 2011, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

for a DD i'd save the money and pickup a viii or ix...no X
Old Nov 12, 2011, 10:17 PM
Evolving Member

I say go for the IX if you can tolerate the ride on a daily basis. Its got more modding potential and is simply more interesting to drive.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 10:22 PM
Evolving Member

You've gotta remember, its going to be members telling you to get the car they have, because they have it, so therefore its "better" than the other Evo.

Get what you like, they are both good. If you plan on staying under 400whp, the X is a superior all around car, no questions asked, and is a great daily driver, unless you're old. If you want an all out 700whp drag car that traps 140+mph than you should look into an older Evo.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

ive had two 9's a gsr and a rs that i currently own. and i wouldnt give it up for any other car. just depends on what you want. both cars are great, they both have pros and cons, figure out what it is you want. and if you want a X and your worried about the auto trans, buy the manual version if thats what you really want and enjoy it. good luck!
Old Nov 13, 2011, 03:14 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I voted for the X. At this point, I'd go for a brand new car in lieu of a 5 year old example. Knowing what people do to and with these cars just cements the idea.

Originally Posted by HAHAV8
If you plan on staying under 400whp, the X is a superior all around car, no questions asked, and is a great daily driver, unless you're old. If you want an all out 700whp drag car that traps 140+mph than you should look into an older Evo.
Funny. We're had questions about it since day-1.

Last edited by FJF; Nov 13, 2011 at 03:18 AM.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 03:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FJF
I voted for the X. At this point, I'd go for a brand new car in lieu of a 5 year old example. Knowing what people do to and with these cars just cements the idea.
Not that you are wrong, this is a common belief. This car has been beat up, I wouldn't buy it is popular consensus. Evo's are rally cars, what do you think happens in a rally? They are made to be used to intended purposes, not to be treated as a Mercedes or likewise. Sure there is a nothing wrong with babying it, but there are so many wear items on a car, some will need replaced sooner or later. I have a '96 Evo IV with 176,250KM on the original engine with no rebuild. That car has the snot beat out of it for years, and I am still beating on it. I've never had it fail me ever, runs like a champ.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 03:30 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SaulHudson
Not that you are wrong, this is a common belief. This car has been beat up, I wouldn't buy it is popular consensus.
You've been on the forum for 2 whole months. How familiar are you with the aggregate US Evolution market? AFAIK, you recently bought an Evo IV, while stationed in Japan, and clearly that must mean that all used Evos are wildly reliable. Okey-dokey.

...I've never had it fail me ever...
That's great. The Japanese Evolution owner and Billy Bob with $500 in ebay mods and dreams of running 10s surely have a lot in common. Out of sheer curiosity, how long have you owned the car?

Last edited by FJF; Nov 13, 2011 at 03:45 AM.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 04:33 AM

I don't know about you. but I can't justify spending 30-40k for a DD. evo 9 is my call.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 04:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If 350 reliable hp will make you happy, get a x. I own a 9 and would love to have a ten, but I want more power, and the 8 or 9 is a better platform to make big power on as of now. Not that a ten cant do it, just better paths for a 8 or 9.

I hope to pick up a used 10 in a few years, once my 9 is paid for.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
[QUOTE=HAHAV8;9742043]......X is a superior all around car, no questions asked, and is a great daily driver, unless you're old.....

Really--- so age plays a roll in what kind of car I can drive???... I guess only "kids" drive Evos-- ohh wait only Kids can drive Evos cause they can take the beating of such a brutal car.... Just wanted to make sure I got that.. BS, keep age out the decison equation.. Any time someone uses the word " scared" in their decision criteria as the OP did, walk away.... BTW, there are plently of us old guys on this forum... old enough to be your dad.
Old Nov 13, 2011, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The IX gets my vote. If you can find a clean one, with fairly low miles, ****** it up. Best of the breed right there.