Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Any evo owners regret not getting the sti?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2004, 05:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Mits vs. Sube quality

Originally posted by EJEvo

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the car is holding together 3 years from now.

The evo is not your typical mitsu. Remember, it is built in japan, and at a seperate location.
Old Jan 12, 2004, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

I never considered the STI because I hate the way that flat 4 sounds. After smoking one last Night NO REGRETS!
Old Jan 12, 2004, 06:28 PM

At the time of purchase, i was indifferent about both cars. I liked both cars evenly and so my decision was based off price. While mitsubishi dealerships seem to be letting these cars go at invoice or slightly above, the same can't be said about subbie dealerships. I went to the subbie dealer and they wouldn't budge on msrp. 28,400 compared to 32,000....it was then easy to see which car i was going to go for. After taxes and such, the difference widens even more.

The cars are both excellent and I can honestly say that both handle so well to the point where i can't drive either of the cars to their full potential. People like to compare cars through magazine reviews and such, but I think it boils down to which car you feel more comfortable driving. Just cause X car can do 72mph on a slalom, doesn't mean you can do the same with you as the driver.

The only real gripe i have about the EVO is the lame interior. Sorry guys, i just don't feel it nor its quality. However, when i was shopping for a car, i was shopping for performance and i always told myself that i would sacrifice anything for performance.
Old Jan 12, 2004, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Every time I shift into 5th.
Old Jan 12, 2004, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by 4G63>OOOO
Every time I shift into 5th.
Why's that? Grind?
Old Jan 15, 2004, 05:31 PM

Cool The STi STinks!

The Evo is such a better car, plus the STi is illegal in the WRC world because of its 2.5L displacement! The Evo is 2.0L and its all good. Plus it handles like a dream...wait corners, what corner? Yes they're both good cars, and i was about to get the STi but i got the EVO and its been everything a person could want in a car!Plus you get a radio, unlike those STi's!

Vrooom Vrooom! Oh wait is that an STi in the rear-view?
Old Jan 15, 2004, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

Re: The STi STinks!

Originally posted by EvAsian

The Evo is such a better car, plus the STi is illegal in the WRC world because of its 2.5L displacement! The Evo is 2.0L and its all good. Plus it handles like a dream...wait corners, what corner? Yes they're both good cars, and i was about to get the STi but i got the EVO and its been everything a person could want in a car!Plus you get a radio, unlike those STi's!

Vrooom Vrooom! Oh wait is that an STi in the rear-view?
The STi is not "Illegal" in the WRC, US is not part of the WRC so it does not matter what our STis has. Does having a 2.0 litre automatically make you a WRC champ? Mitsu didn't even participate in the WRC last year.

Anyway, both are great cars, that's why I have both. Quit comparing, it's useless.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

The JDM version of the STI still has a 2.0 I thought.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: The STi STinks!

The Evo is such a better car, plus the STi is illegal in the WRC world because of its 2.5L displacement!
In the rest of the world, the STi is a 276 hp 2.0 liter. It's only the US market that gets the 2.5 version. Imagine...the US actually gets a more powerful model than JDM! Since the US isn't part of the WRC, it doesn't really matter that our STi is a 2.5 liter.

Plus you get a radio, unlike those STi's!
Well...if you can call the lump of crap in our dash a radio. I'd rather our cars didn't come with that crappy system and cost $1000 less (like the STi).

Emre
Old Jan 15, 2004, 10:52 PM

Originally posted by Kayaalp
Well... you can call the lump of crap in our dash a radio. I'd rather our cars didn't come with that crappy system and cost $1000 less (like the STi).

Yeah! Or at least offer us the option a decent stereo.

BTW, Kayaalp, what part of Canada are you in?
Old Jan 16, 2004, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
nope..i don't regret it at all.... i drove em both before i bought my EVO.... the STI was nice but the the EVO felt more direct...plus here in oklahoma i got a killer deal on my EVO.....

EVOGAL: were in the same position except my wife drives a COBB equiped 03 WRX.... think ima change her over to the vishnu this year.... how your husband car drive compared to the stock WRX?
Old Jan 16, 2004, 08:54 AM

Originally posted by Novtec1
EVOGAL: were in the same position except my wife drives a COBB equiped 03 WRX.... think ima change her over to the vishnu this year.... how your husband car drive compared to the stock WRX?
His car drives great! It is pretty amazing. But he is thinking of getting a STi. I drove his car up to Vancouver, BC last fall and I thought that I would be uncomfortable with the suspension and all. No problem whatsoever.
Old Jan 16, 2004, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just drove my friends STI yesterday and it feels very different. The biggest difference is the steering. The STI feels numb no feedback. Deffinitly the EVO feels better it is more hardcore of a sports car the STI will make a better everyday car since it is also feels softer sprung all it needs is a radio. I also think the dash lights up better in the STI . Dont get me wrong I love my evo and it is not my dailey driver so i dont care I wanted the true hardcore sports car and the EVO is it if you want refinement but the new AUDI s4. I would not trade my EVO for anything below $100,000.(GT3)
Old Jan 16, 2004, 12:46 PM

no shot, i'm really not that big a fan of the sti. i'm very happy with my evo, the only thing that's missing is bmw type service
Old Jan 16, 2004, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

aaahhhhhhhhhhhh no

Quick Reply: Any evo owners regret not getting the sti?