Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Roof Clips

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2011, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roof Clips

A few weeks ago, my 2003 VIII had a close encounter with three deer. I took one across the nose at point blank range, one deer bashed its skull right behind the driver door, and one glanced across the left corner of the rear bumper (all going from left to right). It was a low speed hit (35mph) and it rumpled some sheet metal, no mechanical damage. The car has been at the body shop for the last two weeks, and now is in assembly.

Its in a hold right now, waiting for the delivery of "roof clips". What are those and why would my car need them if the roof wasn't touched? They did take off the inner door panels to get to the dents. They also took off the front bumper and hood (which was replaced), perhaps more.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Its probably the clips that hold the rubber trim piece that runs across the roof to the trunk. If they had to pull it back, might have snapped a clip or two.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
has to do with you weather stripping on the roof the two black weather strips that go from front to back