Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Petition to change import laws [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2011 | 02:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Done, hopefully this works!
Old Nov 17, 2011 | 02:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FJF
Because, voting on a makeshift petition online is just like having the auto industry lobby on your side.
Your obviously some old bitter forum queen that knows everything there is to know about the internet so ill go ahead and try not to entertain u too much,

Use your mouse, click the links, use the two little ***** connected to your brain to read. Hopefully you will comprehend that this is legit, then keep it moving. There was a facebook campaign to keep the evo and mitsubishi themselves responded to the outcry. Not everything YOU do in life is pointless bro, u can actually be part of something that makes a difference. Not being a douche.

That is all back on topic guys sorry about that, its 4am and I'm on the tail end of 12hr nightshift fighting for our country and dealing with a cabrón (look it up its spanish) like is the last thing I want to do. :-)

Last edited by evo9nuuub; Nov 17, 2011 at 02:34 AM.
Old Nov 17, 2011 | 02:36 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by evo9nuuub
Your obviously some old bitter forum queen that knows everything there is to know about the internet so ill go ahead and try not to entertain u too much
Internet? I thought this was about passing a legislative measure?

Use your mouse, click the links, use the two little ***** connected to your brain to read. Hopefully you will comprehend that this is legit, then keep it moving. There was a facebook campaign to keep the evo and mitsubishi themselves responded to the outcry. Not everything u do in life is pointless bro, u can actually be part of something that makes a difference. Not being a douche.
Do you actually think this sort of text carries any impact, other than painting its writer in a negative light? It's not technical, it's funny, it's not clever, it's nor even remotely poignant. The gross leaps of logic only underline the theme.

That is all back on topic guys sorry about that, its 4am and I'm on the tail end of 12hr nightshift fighting for our country and dealing with *******s is the last thing I want to do
Can you sign up for a civics lecture while you're there?

Hell, sign whatever you want for all I care. It's just that posting this thing on every forum, as you have done, and your argument points to a distinct lack of grip on the situation. Good luck, I guess.
Old Nov 17, 2011 | 03:10 AM
Evolving Member

WOW........ Thanks bro I've never thought about it like that, you know what I think I'm goikng to go home now and reavaluate my whole life.
Old Nov 17, 2011 | 03:13 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

WOW........ Thanks bro I've never thought about it like that, you know what I think I'm goikng to go home now and reavaluate my whole life.
It may not be a bad idea to reevaluate the education, and I'm using the word loosely, you've received to date. Understand how legislative measures are passed.
Old Nov 17, 2011 | 03:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, another fine example of someone's negative thoughts towards someone's positive idea gets turned into a pissing contest. You know that old saying that starts off "if you don't have anything good to say..." Yeah, that still applies.
Old Nov 17, 2011 | 03:32 AM
Evolving Member

Good story bro, unphased.

@bigben, thnx bro. I don't understand why fjf was so negative but I won't be responding back. He can troll someone else

Last edited by evo9nuuub; Nov 17, 2011 at 03:34 AM.
Old Nov 17, 2011 | 03:44 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bigben
Wow, another fine example of someone's negative thoughts towards someone's positive idea gets turned into a pissing contest. You know that old saying that starts off "if you don't have anything good to say..." Yeah, that still applies.
Sure, it would be great to have a 15 year exception in lieu of the 25. No one would disagree. Starting an online petition for this to happen, when the only promise is a response from the WH staff, posting a link as if its impact can even be measured, and arguing endlessly without a clue as to the legislative process, makes the whole community look stupid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEJL2Uuv-oQ
Old Nov 17, 2011 | 03:54 AM
Evolving Member

Most of us know how the system works... U have to start somewhere, lay the groundwork down first before u decide to jus go and make new laws or adjust old ones, this is bringing the issue to light. This doesn't make the community look bad. If anything this is showing that we care enought to do SOMETHING. What have u done today besides run your mouth? Think about this like a farm, u don't just have plants bearing fruit and veggies. U have to plant the seed first.
Old Nov 17, 2011 | 04:00 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Most of us know how the system works...
No, you don't. Watch the cartoon. That's why I posted the link.

U have to start somewhere, lay the groundwork down first before u decide to jus go and make new laws or adjust old ones...
I officially give up.
Old Nov 17, 2011 | 04:04 AM
Evolving Member

K bye
Old Nov 17, 2011 | 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evoforstevo
i posted this on nasioc.....god i have NEVER seen such a flame war started...they were hands down the harshest people i have ever encountered...they were ripping me limb from limb, hope it is well recieved here tho.
lol yea, there was a lil flame war goin' on here, for that i'm sorry. its funny bc according to the original link, a bunch of gtr enthusiasts are all about this petition i hope more people sign this lol
Old Nov 17, 2011 | 09:30 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Signed. Couldn't hurt to at least try.
Old Nov 17, 2011 | 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FJF
No, you don't. Watch the cartoon. That's why I posted the link.

Hahahaha I remember watching that cartoon back in like 6th grade or something... I hated those videos haha
Old Nov 17, 2011 | 10:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We need people to sign this so we can get the evo 6 here in th us.

Quick Reply: Petition to change import laws [MERGED]