Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Solution to keep ur evo from being stolen?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2011, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simple solution, dont steal, dont die.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jush
Lol seeing that gun photo all I could think of was

"MERICA!"
Ha same! Im not saying shoot anyone who tries to take my car but i felt that a simple "AMERICA" was in order.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BenJ
Simple solution, dont steal, dont die.
Well said. I believe in home and property protection. If a thief is gonna be ballsy enough to come on your property they get what they deserve.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 06:30 PM
Evolving Member

If your garage door uses dip switches, its time for an upgrade!
Old Nov 23, 2011, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your saying not to shoot someone over a car they are trying to steal thats not theres? WOW! first off they need to stop and think before stealing something for one. Second i take it that you have never been robbed before or held at gun point. when you do your mind set will change i promise you that.

I was robbed last year while sitting in my evo. He held us at gun point and took over $500 dollars from me. it was a setup. i was suppose to meet a guy to do aa craigslist deal.

the main point of this story is a lot of times the robber or thieves will have a weapon of some sort to defend themselves in case **** goes bad. so if i were to wake up and see someone trying to steal my evo your damn straight they will get a bullet in the face. shoot first ask questions later. just like the saying they should have listened to think before you act!

and you say let them have the car and then deal with insurance? why should someone have to deal with that when they could stop the person? we all know insurance companies will jerk you around and in the end you still will not get the full value of the car if you got anything at all, and then on top of that most companies would more than likely drop your coverage soon after.

after i got robbed i got my permit to carry and all i can say is i dare someone to try and hold me at gunpoint or come on this private property and try and take what isnt theirs
Old Nov 23, 2011, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Honestly i have no sympathy for someone that steals others possessions because they don't want to work for their own. So if a thief catches 2 in the chest or dome I'd have a hard time feeling bad for them.

Like the other poster said. Don't steal, don't die.

I bet if more thieves were getting shot their would be less thieves. LOL.

And having insurance doesn't matter. You will never get back what you put into it esp. if you modify your car.

And I have a XD-45 for such occasions
Old Nov 23, 2011, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

I have the same gun.

Make my day law lives here in Colorado. Plus open carry, as well as concealed is legal.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

Had my CCW for a few years.

Taking something from someone isn't worth a life......but you should ask the thief the same question.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

Too risky to shoot someone depending on where u live... If ur state follows the castle doctrine (which every state should) you're good to go. But places like California, its iffy.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 09:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Castle doctrine applies to the castle only, at least here in MN... Garages are exempt, attached or not, and you're fair game for the law once you pull that trigger. I've seen a few petitions here in MN and signed every one, but so far no luck on changing that. Check your own state's laws to be sure.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

I lived in Mississippi for a few years... Even ur car is an extension of ur property.. Yup loaded gun in ur car at all times, someone tries to jack move u in the parking lot. BOOM have a nice day. The article I read on Castle Doctrine was the whole property, but u can't shoot someone u don't feel threatend by or is running away (boack toward u)
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by golgo13
This is why you will need to layer your security. Professional thieves will quietly PUSH your car down the street to the waiting flatbed tow truck.
That's how most Hondas are stolen.

With the OEM ECU mods it's actually quite easy to drive an EVO away so as Golgo stated, Layer Layer Layer the security folks so they cant drive it away, but from there push, pull, or drag any car can and will be gone.

If you have tracking bits maybe it'll be found but by that time a fraction of it's formal self.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:07 PM

It's absolutely worth a thief's life if they try to steal my Evo. This isn't just a car, it is a huge part of who I am and I have worked very hard to afford it. Anybody who can justify stealing something that someone else has rightfully earned, built and had the best times of their lives in deserves to die anyways. It's the premise behind it, not the act itself regardless of other circumstances. I too have had my property stolen and it is an absolutely terrible experience. Police/Insurance will never be able to do anything to replace an important part of your life like that.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:09 PM
Evolving Member

gps tracking unit hidden in the car they can take it but they cant hide for long!
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

a few ways i protect my car...
1 keep it locked in my garage and i park my other car behind the door
2 have a protective dog
3 have a loud exhaust
4 have quiet footsteps and good aim
if all else fails i have insurance haha

Quick Reply: Solution to keep ur evo from being stolen?