Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Solution to keep ur evo from being stolen?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2011, 06:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Mistaken
You cannot shoot someone for stealing your car. Geez guys. Willing to do jail time over it? Get real.
Oh no try me hahahaha

I sure fruckin can and wouldn't even think twice, and yes if it came down to jail time so be it.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by golgo13
Really? You're going to take someone's life over a physical possession? Cars can be replaced, lives cannot. Get some insurance on the car and call it a day.

Yes. Thieves are the lowest form of life.

I call it improving the gene pool.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i've always thought the RAVELCO anti theft was nice. but there arent any dealers near me.

by the way, even if you've paid off your car, it can still be "repoed" by your previous lien holder. EVEN if you have YOUR title in hand that says ZERO lien holders.

this was something i learned back in 2009 and the cops just told me it was a civil matter, not a criminal matter.

JAG got involved and got my car back in a matter of minutes of being on the phone with them.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Best solution: don't post your ideas on Evo-****ing-M, for crying out loud. Anyone who thinks the thieves (I'm talking about Chicago specifically) don't lurk/post here needs to get real.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
^^^ smart man
Old Nov 24, 2011, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got a few tricks being that i live in Nyc the bronx and seen a lot of cars get stolen a back up battery is a good thing,tilt sensor
Old Nov 24, 2011, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
Oh no try me hahahaha

I sure fruckin can and wouldn't even think twice, and yes if it came down to jail time so be it.
So you shoot the guy, and he scurries off of your property before he dies or the cops search the body and it turns out he has no weapon. Automatically this case of "property" defense turns into a investigation of 2nd degree murder all because you didn't completely asses the situation and retire all other options before pulling the trigger. So now best case scenario you get 5-15 years possibility of parole after 4. By then chances are either your family has sold your precious evo to pay the bills or the bank has taken it because obviously you cant pay that note from a jail cell. Then you have the possibility that this scumbags family is going to file a wrongful death suite and sue you for a few hundred thousand maybe even the seven figure range and chances are if you were convicted of the killing in the first place they are going to win that suite and then you have to sell your evo or the state takes it and sells it for you so you can make your monthly severance pay. So what if the guy takes your car chances are either your going to get it back (maybe in the same condition maybe not) or the insurance will total it in a certain amount of time, and if you have a good plan which im sure you do they're going to pay out for it, now granted you wont get the same amount that you put in it but actual car value and you buy another one, it might not be the same but at least you have something to look forward to when you open the garage.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 09:09 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 200 Likes on 144 Posts
Originally Posted by stowasaurus
So you shoot the guy, and he scurries off of your property before he dies or the cops search the body and it turns out he has no weapon.
Thing is about this is if this every were to occur, you should go to jail because YOU failed to call the cops and let them know someone tried to take something. The thing is with the castle law, doesn't really matter who they are or what they are doing. If you are scared enough to pull a weapon and use it, if they do get away they cannot sue you for injuring them. If you or me or anyone else ever has to pull a weapon on anyone for any reason what so ever, you better be on that phone either at gun point, or if there were shots fired with the cops letting them know exactly who you are, why you drew you weapon and the reason shots were fire. It is common since and this is what they teach you in any type of CCW or anyother weapons training. Here is another one for you, if the guy knows martial arts and technically can kill with his hands, does this allow you to pull a weapon being he has no weapon with him? I will let you answer this question before I answer it because I have the answer and I did get it from multi law inforcement personal.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So if you see said thieves stealing your car and run out and get your @$$ beat or they pull a gun, on you, what then? I refuse to be a victim. I see someone attempting to steal my car I'm calling 911, taking my gun and confronting said thief. You get one warning to stop. Now at that point you can either stop what you are doing until the police arrive or choose to try me and catch a hot one to the chest or you can run. At that point I can pursue while.keeping 911 apprised of the situation or I can count my blessings I was lucky to catch a low life in the act and file a police report when they arrive.

Last edited by SmurfZilla; Nov 24, 2011 at 09:28 AM.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

I live in Texas and have a CCW permit. I'm not required in any manner to notify the Police prior to taking action. As long as I perceive a threat to myself, family, or property, I am able to use deadly force. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice and have reviewed several cases where it has been upheld.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 09:29 AM
EvoM Guru

Well if you catch them in the act that is when you pull and hold them at gun point. You tell them to get on the ground, face down hands spread and hold them there while you call the police. You tell the police who you are, what your wearing, and why you have pulled your weapon. Once they get there dispatch will give them that info of who you are. By taking proper measures it keeps your *** out of jail and hopefully keeps anyone from stealing your car.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 09:30 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Steven
I live in Texas and have a CCW permit. I'm not required in any manner to notify the Police prior to taking action. As long as I perceive a threat to myself, family, or property, I am able to use deadly force. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice and have reviewed several cases where it has been upheld.
Yeah and see by law through different states each law is different. Why they ask you to contact state law inforcement if your gonna carry in different states being all the local laws are different.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cursedsm
Yeah and see by law through different states each law is different. Why they ask you to contact state law inforcement if your gonna carry in different states being all the local laws are different.
The differences in state laws can make things difficult. Fortunately, Texas is picking up more states to share reciprocity with every year. I can now concealed carry in almost 30 states with my Texas permit. The only downside is that I have to know the circumstances that allow me to draw my weapon in that state. Ignorance of the law is no excuse!
Old Nov 24, 2011, 09:41 AM
EvoM Guru

Yep exactly I am in the same boat.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
120 lbs. Akita lol no guns needed

Quick Reply: Solution to keep ur evo from being stolen?