Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Solution to keep ur evo from being stolen?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2011, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by stowasaurus
So you shoot the guy, and he scurries off of your property before he dies or the cops search the body and it turns out he has no weapon. Automatically this case of "property" defense turns into a investigation of 2nd degree murder all because you didn't completely asses the situation and retire all other options before pulling the trigger. So now best case scenario you get 5-15 years possibility of parole after 4. By then chances are either your family has sold your precious evo to pay the bills or the bank has taken it because obviously you cant pay that note from a jail cell. Then you have the possibility that this scumbags family is going to file a wrongful death suite and sue you for a few hundred thousand maybe even the seven figure range and chances are if you were convicted of the killing in the first place they are going to win that suite and then you have to sell your evo or the state takes it and sells it for you so you can make your monthly severance pay. So what if the guy takes your car chances are either your going to get it back (maybe in the same condition maybe not) or the insurance will total it in a certain amount of time, and if you have a good plan which im sure you do they're going to pay out for it, now granted you wont get the same amount that you put in it but actual car value and you buy another one, it might not be the same but at least you have something to look forward to when you open the garage.

If someoneis trying to steal my property on my property I have every right to defend it when I am in PA. NJ nowthats a different story

To me there is no situation to asses someone is stealing my property. Theives are the scum of the earth your just gonna stand there and watch someone steal your car while on the phone with the cops

Gotta love mentality of people these days raised to be ()'s
Old Nov 24, 2011, 09:59 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 200 Likes on 144 Posts
Originally Posted by gsrboi80
It is this politically correct society that we live in now days. Back when I was a kid I never had to worry about that. Ahhhh the good ol days and I can't agree with you more.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cursedsm
I have camras on the cars, I have security on the house and if all else fails let them go ahead and try it goes everywhere I go includeing to bed. It will go through a VW bug from the 70s no doubt if all fails it will stop any robber around.

That's how it goes! Lol
Old Nov 24, 2011, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MY EVO stands in a safe garage , that only i got accses to !
Reenforced steel dorrs , Camera security , out side ( IP camera )
There is GSM ALARM To the garage , stright to the police
And the car it self has got a GSM alarm. thats alerts my phone if anything happends

And nobody have tried to steel it yeat !

thats how i keep my car safe !
Old Nov 24, 2011, 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Blitz
Best solution: don't post your ideas on Evo-****ing-M, for crying out loud. Anyone who thinks the thieves (I'm talking about Chicago specifically) don't lurk/post here needs to get real.
its not like anyone is posting revolutionary ideas here...i wouldn't say what precautions I take, but that's just me as you can tell where my location is. if they take my schwinn, i'd be pissed rofl.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kanyonkid
Its getting ridiculous all these threads popping up recently about your cars being stolen! So unfortunate. Heres something i do now that i live in the "ghetto".
For starters, keep your evo neat n tidy on the inside! So when u peak thru the window u don't see a damn thing. And for the ball breaker, SET UR "VALET MODE" TO 500RPMS. The car will not start or run. Even when hotwired or jumped in any way, the car will NOT run. Until u do what u do to disable it.
It wont stop vandalism, but at least u keep the car. It takes about 3 seconds to enable valet mode before u exit ur car. So just do it! Happy Holidays
I keep the inside clean. I dont leave cds, phones or anything in the car. I also had this trick back when I was living in apartments. I used to drive it home with race pads ( LOUD squealing), redline NS fluid in my TRE rear diff ( clunking during slow parking lot turns), and a high flow cat 3" tbe. Kids would hear all the clunking and banging as I drove home and wouldnt even bother with my car.. I think the rear difff clunking was enough. It would sound like the rear end is falling apart,. I never got vandalized though
Old Nov 24, 2011, 11:09 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 200 Likes on 144 Posts
Originally Posted by Evoixjohn
That's how it goes! Lol
If you notice in the pic above it there is no mag in the gun. And before I would point a gun that size at my head you bet your *** it is unloaded, then after the pic was taken yes mag goes back in and cocked locked and ready to rock.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Wire the door handles to the mains
Old Nov 24, 2011, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by cursedsm
Well if you catch them in the act that is when you pull and hold them at gun point. You tell them to get on the ground, face down hands spread and hold them there while you call the police. You tell the police who you are, what your wearing, and why you have pulled your weapon. Once they get there dispatch will give them that info of who you are. By taking proper measures it keeps your *** out of jail and hopefully keeps anyone from stealing your car.
Exactly, I never said it was wrong to pull a gun im just implying if your going to pull the trigger make sure you pull out all the stops. There is no excuse for shooting anyone on site without assessing the situation. Anyone who knows how to responsibly handle a weapon knows that within seconds you should know what your decision is going to be.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
If someoneis trying to steal my property on my property I have every right to defend it when I am in PA. NJ nowthats a different story

To me there is no situation to asses someone is stealing my property. Theives are the scum of the earth your just gonna stand there and watch someone steal your car while on the phone with the cops

Yes but you have to remember that it is against the law to use deadly force to stop a none violent crime in any state private property or not. Like I said if i catch a guy thats unarmed in my house sure im going to hold him at gun point deliver a beating and call the cops, but sure if hes armed ya im not going to hesitate to take shot.

And I actually couldn't agree with you more on people being raised to be ()'s these days, but there is a difference between being thin skinned and making a really bad decision.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

only 1 solution short of sleeping in your car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Ee3L9BQQ4Gs
Old Nov 24, 2011, 12:01 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by cfdfireman1
only 1 solution short of sleeping in your car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Ee3L9BQQ4Gs
In for a group buy.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

Simple...Live in a place you don't have to worry about your car being stolen. I don't even lock my doors in my home town.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

Without a doubt one of the best solutions is a covert SIM-style GPS tracker...then you can pick the method of torture for the thief
Old Nov 24, 2011, 04:32 PM
Evolving Member

Take your ecu in the house with you

Quick Reply: Solution to keep ur evo from being stolen?