Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Solution to keep ur evo from being stolen?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2011, 11:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
possible next mod? im gona start saving up:

Old Nov 25, 2011, 12:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A gated community and a garage has done me well so far.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 01:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by casper3043
why would you say stupid **** like this online...you must not be tech savvy

That's the funniest thing you could say to a computer science major...
Old Nov 25, 2011, 01:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by millen86
If there are people around, a crime can be committed. You don't live in heaven.

That is true, no place is heaven...But in my 20 years of living here a car has never been stolen. My parents have lived here for 50 years and they can't recall of a car being stolen here either. Everybody know's everybody. There are some people who have broken into cars and stolen things out of them. But I have nothing in my car. That teeny tiny chance of someone breaking into my car, I would rather them open the door, take maybe a stock mitsu radio, than break my windows or something else trying to get into the car. That would be about all they will get as I have loyal, nosey neighbors. Hell one old man that lives two houses down sits on his front porch ALL day.

If you don't want to worry about your car getting stolen then living in a tiny rural town is the way to go.... Majority of people are christian, hard working, blue collar, with morals... You will be bored as ****...But your car will not be stolen, especially if you put it in a garage.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 02:48 AM
Evolving Member

Thieves will do whatever they can to get what they want.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cursedsm
I have camras on the cars, I have security on the house and if all else fails let them go ahead and try it goes everywhere I go includeing to bed. It will go through a VW bug from the 70s no doubt if all fails it will stop any robber around.

^^ me and this guy would get along (i leave me car in my driveway and if someone has the ballz then "say hello to my lil friend" haha!!
Old Nov 25, 2011, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by golgo13
The golden rule is: Layer your security, but if they really want it they will get it.
+1 the harder it is to get at, the more it will deter people from taking yours over another car. At the end of the day though, it is based on luck it seems.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 11:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You have a glock 23 .50 like mine?
Originally Posted by kanyonkid
.50??? Damn son. i had no clue. can u post a pic of the round and magazine?
I could but I really don't think this is the thread to do so. All I will say is it keeps the standard .45 acp mag, and its a little fatter then a .45 but its also 600 grains and shoots 1000 ft per second. It is not as powerful as a Smith and Wesson .500 but its more powerful then a .44 mag.
.50? Are you sure? The Glock 23 is a 40. I thought my memory might have been foggy, so I checked their website. .40 cal. Unless you've converted yours, but iirc the kit doesn't fit the 23 if it's the GI kit. Also, the .50 GI is slow and hard to find. I'd rather have a 22... At least I can buy ammo locally.

Back on topic: Hidden kill switches, removing your ECU, alarms, cameras, and all those are great until someone shows up with a flat bed. I had a car that was boxed in by other cars and had the head pulled off the block and it was still taken. The best suggestion I've seen in this thread is the boot. Realistically, a removable steering wheel, alarm (with tilt and radar sensor), and at least 2 hidden kill switches is more than sufficient for leaving the car while shopping or having dinner. Keep the car in a locked garage without windows at night, and you're good to go. Just remember if they want it bad enough, they'll take it. A local guy had his car stolen from the emergency room parking lot. Hospital security even helped the guys, because they had a flat bed and showed him some bogus "repo" paperwork.

Last edited by Vivid Racing; Nov 28, 2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:06 PM

aaaaaaaand this is a gun thread.

chances are you may not be around when your car is jacked. Park the ****er somewhere lit, and keep **** tucked away! If all else fails, shoot the ****er if you see them, or get insurance claims done. If you don't have full coverage on a car that is typically 20k+, you're ****ing stupid.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GTRicky
aaaaaaaand this is a gun thread.

chances are you may not be around when your car is jacked. Park the ****er somewhere lit, and keep **** tucked away! If all else fails, shoot the ****er if you see them, or get insurance claims done. If you don't have full coverage on a car that is typically 20k+, you're ****ing stupid.
The way I look at it is... If you don't have full coverage on anything that costs more than what you currently have in your CHECKING ACCOUNT, you're an idiot. I've got 'full coverage' on my camera gear, my tools, even my clothes
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:30 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 774 Likes on 589 Posts
I got insurance.. Go ahead and take it, insurance will give me money for mods and probably more than I would get selling it privately. Then again Ive never had a car broken into or stolen so I dont do anything special.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

Technically if you enter my property w/o permission i can shoot and kill you in my state (VA) as long as "no tresspassing" signs are posted within so many feet of eachother. I have a Glock 23 gen4 as well, 120lb rottie which will attack, and an alarm w/ kill switch for my evo. But back in 03' I had someone try to steal my old turbo civic hatch, after unloading a clip at them as they were running away (about 100yds away in the dark) they never returned

Bottom line is, if they really want your car they will get it. The best thing you can do is layer theft prevention, don't make your car too flashy, and have insurance incase they do get your baby.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:52 PM

I did the sneak up on the person with a shot gun, pump the gun behind them, and told them to put their hands up. Cops showed up real fast when I told them I have a gun trained on them.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 02:12 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I feel off-topic now by posting this...but my previous rx7's had a nice "kill-switch" that was stock...

Pop and the hood and take out the fuel pump fuse...took about 10 seconds. Could crank all you want and nothing would happen. I'd do this all the time when parking in a shady area...

Flatbed...well that's another story
Old Nov 28, 2011, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dallas J
I got insurance.. Go ahead and take it, insurance will give me money for mods and probably more than I would get selling it privately. Then again Ive never had a car broken into or stolen so I dont do anything special.
im with you

my anti theft system is fully comprehensive insurance and an up to date independent vehicle valuation

Quick Reply: Solution to keep ur evo from being stolen?