Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Solution to keep ur evo from being stolen?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2011, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Solution to keep ur evo from being stolen?

Its getting ridiculous all these threads popping up recently about your cars being stolen! So unfortunate. Heres something i do now that i live in the "ghetto".
For starters, keep your evo neat n tidy on the inside! So when u peak thru the window u don't see a damn thing. And for the ball breaker, SET UR "VALET MODE" TO 500RPMS. The car will not start or run. Even when hotwired or jumped in any way, the car will NOT run. Until u do what u do to disable it.
It wont stop vandalism, but at least u keep the car. It takes about 3 seconds to enable valet mode before u exit ur car. So just do it! Happy Holidays
Old Nov 23, 2011, 04:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What about the fact that most modded cars that are stolen are taken with a flat bed?

Your idea is great, but it's not going to stop a dedicated thief.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 04:59 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
I had many sleepless nights when I had my Integra Type-R, so I know the feeling.

The golden rule is: Layer your security, but if they really want it they will get it.

The only thing that's worked at keeping thieves at bay AFAIK is the wheel boot:

I have yet to see a thread on Honda-Tech or any other car forum where the thieves managed to steal a car that was booted.

In fact, I should sell mine.

You should also look into a garage, a momentary contact switch (NOT A TOGGLE - You will forget to set it to OFF the night your car is stolen!) for your fuel pump and disconnecting your fuse box. Don't bother with the ECU, professionals carry their own. You should also never share any of your security strategy with anyone (I'm just paranoid), all that does is potentially weaken your strategy.

You will want to set-up your momentary contact switch similar to this here:

Remember not to show anyone where your switch is.

Old Nov 23, 2011, 05:00 PM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by kanyonkid
The car will not start or run. Even when hotwired or jumped in any way, the car will NOT run.
This is why you will need to layer your security. Professional thieves will quietly PUSH your car down the street to the waiting flatbed tow truck. Hence the wheel boot.

That's how most Hondas are stolen.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 05:08 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 191 Likes on 135 Posts
I have camras on the cars, I have security on the house and if all else fails let them go ahead and try it goes everywhere I go includeing to bed. It will go through a VW bug from the 70s no doubt if all fails it will stop any robber around.

Old Nov 23, 2011, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

Lol!! ^ Hell yeah
Old Nov 23, 2011, 05:18 PM

I use a lowjack system to make sure no one can start it or my trasmitter will blink and vibrate if someone tries to start it but like @vividracing said if someone wants it they'll take it with a truck. Happened to my uncle, when he was away on business. The guys broke in the back door of his garage opened it up and threw his 7 month old lotus on the bed and drove away in broad daylight. the neighbors said the truck had a logo that said something like "such and such car transport" so they never suspected a thing.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by cursedsm
I have camras on the cars, I have security on the house and if all else fails let them go ahead and try it goes everywhere I go includeing to bed. It will go through a VW bug from the 70s no doubt if all fails it will stop any robber around.

BTW hell yeah. AMERICA!
Old Nov 23, 2011, 05:24 PM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by stowasaurus
The guys broke in the back door of his garage opened it up and threw his 7 month old lotus on the bed and drove away in broad daylight. the neighbors said the truck had a logo that said something like "such and such car transport" so they never suspected a thing.
Right. Cars get repossessed all the time, who is going to call the police when they see a flatbed tow truck?

"Oh, that kid must not have been paying his car note on that evo."

Really? You're going to take someone's life over a physical possession? Cars can be replaced, lives cannot. Get some insurance on the car and call it a day.

Old Nov 23, 2011, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Pain in the ****, but you could just pull the FP relay in a pinch.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 05:27 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by golgo13
Really? You're going to take someone's life over a physical possession?
Will go through the engine block garenteed. That and my car is paid for so no worrys about being repoed and if you can get out before it leaves the drive way you can do the smart thing and hold at gunpoint and call the cops and hold him there till they get there without any issues.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 05:28 PM
EvoM Community Team

Will go through the engine block garenteed. That and my car is paid for so no worrys about being repoed
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Old Nov 23, 2011, 05:31 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by golgo13
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

I will be honest I have been jabbed with a knife, I have been held at gun point, trust me it isnt fun. And yes this does help sleep at nite being I live in the middle of no where and since I have bought my house and been living here its already been broken into.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 05:33 PM
EvoM Guru

Sorry if it seems jaded and all but it was honestly ment as a joke hahaha. My talon has the sticker pertected by Smith and Wesson on it as well.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

Lol seeing that gun photo all I could think of was

"MERICA!"

Quick Reply: Solution to keep ur evo from being stolen?