Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo 8 Engine Pics needed

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2011, 05:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4g64t_dohc
alright thanks you for the link, this is very helpful along with your total obvious answer above this last posting of yours (not being rude, sort of insulting myself)

so here goes, i haven't been at my shop around my car for a while so i forgot exactly what hoses were on the firewall but now that you've mentioned the egr and the fuel lines... lol.. it's like OHHH i remember now, so yes there are 5 total "hose" lines, 2 being from the heater core, which i DO need to know which one goes where because i know it does matter, the 3rd is the EGR/vacum line, the 4th is the fuel line TO the intake and the 5th is the return fuel line, so i have no idea why i was asking this now, i guess what i've been wondering is the hoses attatched to the Intake manifold, where on the head do they go? wouldn't they just attach to the thermostat housing? ima dumbass sometimes
yes they just go to the thermostat housing. mine is set up with the hose on the passenger side of the car being the return and the other supply. im not sure if you know about this or not but your brake booster line. you will need to add a check valve to it since you are boosting.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 02:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MrSquirr3l
yes they just go to the thermostat housing. mine is set up with the hose on the passenger side of the car being the return and the other supply. im not sure if you know about this or not but your brake booster line. you will need to add a check valve to it since you are boosting.
no i actually wasn't aware of that. i have no idea what i "check valve" is. is it similar to the egr valve?
Old Nov 30, 2011, 09:39 PM

no i actually wasn't aware of that. i have no idea what i "check valve" is. is it similar to the egr valve?
sorta kinda. but not really. there is a check valve on the evos brake booster hose that has a check valve in it to prevent air getting into the brake booster. because when that happens say bye bye brakes. i would recommend getting it from a dealer just because the check valve is made for boosting. you can buy them at autozone but they suck.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 02:30 AM

so would i just buy this part at Mitsu for a evo 8 then?? and yeah i understand, 600whp + My heavy foot - brakes = bye bye to me and my car LOL
Old Dec 1, 2011, 05:39 AM

yes evo 8 or 9. you may have to extend the hose. hell you should be able to just buy the check valve from the dealership.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by MrSquirr3l
yes evo 8 or 9. you may have to extend the hose. hell you should be able to just buy the check valve from the dealership.
called mitsu, there is no check valve on evo 8's or 9's the guy said something about a extra pressure line going from the break booster to something else, i can't quite remember, but i know his answer was to no help. anyways, i guess i'll just buy an aftermarket one? or i'll just have my turbo shop install one when i have her tuned.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 08:51 PM

called mitsu, there is no check valve on evo 8's or 9's the guy said something about a extra pressure line going from the break booster to something else, i can't quite remember, but i know his answer was to no help. anyways, i guess i'll just buy an aftermarket one? or i'll just have my turbo shop install one when i have her tuned.
i will try to find a diagram with what i am talking about.