Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need help

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2011, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Need help

So acouple months ago i hooked a scanner up to my car and it was throwing codes for front o2 and cam angle sensor. Fixed the o2 and just installed a new cam angle senor and disconnected the battery. Start it up and it barely idles but no sel light came on. Switch back to the old sensor and it still doesnt want to hold a idle and has a sel. So i put the new one back in, drove it to get gas (20min) still doesnt idle and has a sel...WTF!!! if anyone has had the same problem or knows a solution it would be very appreciated if you can tell me.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

did u put it on upside down by accident? did u make sure the o2 is plugged in? did u mess with the MAF at all? Just some things to double check.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by kanyonkid
did u put it on upside down by accident? did u make sure the o2 is plugged in? did u mess with the MAF at all? Just some things to double check.
Yup o2 is plugged in did not touch the MAF. How can you install the sensor in upside down? it has a bolt on the bottom so it can only bolt on one way
Old Dec 1, 2011, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

when u drove to the gas station, did it drive fine? Normal so to speak except when u come to a stop?
Old Dec 1, 2011, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by kanyonkid
when u drove to the gas station, did it drive fine? Normal so to speak except when u come to a stop?
yea drives perfect just like before. when i come to a stop it will stall
Old Dec 1, 2011, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmm... Where did you get the 02 sensor? From Mitsu or Pep Boys, Auto Zone etc... just curious if you double checked.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 03:03 PM

I just reset battery again for around 20min and now it runs alot better
Old Dec 1, 2011, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maybe you just need to have part of your map adjusted, usually when parts go bad that affect a/f ratio, a simple battery disconnect might help, but if it was tuned with those parts bad might explain part of the issue, have your tuner check your a/f, timing to start.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A lot of newer vehicles need to go into a specific learn process. If I replace a battery or if its been disconnected, I will turn off all the accessory ( radio, ac/heater, etc) start engine and let it idle for 15 min. Then drive on streets for 5 miles, and drive on freeway for about 15 min. That pretty much covers most cars.
I had a late model Chevy truck have a battery replaced by another tech and the customer drove off. The lady came back a few minutes later, complaining the truck was stumbling and wanting to die at stop lights. I drove the truck, so it could go into its relearn process and off she went.
Little things like that can bite you in the *** and send you in an other direction, when the basic things get passed by.
Not all cars are so sensitive, but I like to do this process for any car I change/disconnect battery on unless you use a bridging device.

N