Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Got my TME to the US!

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2012, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, just wow! I know a lot of people stationed in Japan that tried to bring their cars back but none succeeded. They all come back with a crap load of parts instead with their housing goods.
Old May 20, 2012, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not saying im jealous but dayum bro good luck with that not very often people would wan to get an evo like that. Nice though to have I bet do you plan to get it insured?
Old May 20, 2012, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 243 Likes on 219 Posts
interior shots? i wish the car was made in lhd..
Old May 21, 2012, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

WOW !!!!!!!!!! congrats , that is a spectacular TME you got there. not only is it clean but you were able to get it over here to the states.
Old May 21, 2012, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

^^^^^^

Thanks, It was alot of work and headache to get it here, but I'm glad it paid off.

Originally Posted by ru4real
Beautiful! Any interior pics?
Not much going on interior wise. Its an RS so it has the basic lancer(non-recaro) interior, but I added an Evo V recaro. Also the floors and back are stripped to bare metal and I just removed the radio.

Originally Posted by bbyevo8u
awesome car man!

does that nissan pathfinder have trouble towing the car? v6 or v8?
It's a V6 xterra, and it does ok not great since I'm right near the max towing capacity.
Originally Posted by impact blue
Not saying im jealous but dayum bro good luck with that not very often people would wan to get an evo like that. Nice though to have I bet do you plan to get it insured?
I have already found a local insurance company
Old May 22, 2012, 07:44 AM

This was and always will be my dream car.. ever since I seen it on gran turismo 2 a-spec I've walways loved evos.post any pics you take.. we would LOVE to see them

Btw: any numbers? Pump gas? Hp?

Last edited by EVOeroc; May 22, 2012 at 07:49 AM.
Old May 22, 2012, 07:54 AM

I've always wanted to live in America, but then I look out the window and see my TME in the driveway and think ...nah screw that :P

Welcome to the club mate. Out of ALL the Evo's ever produced the TME is the best hands down. (yes a very biased owners opinion)

I don't know how getting parts for the TME is in the states, but if you ever get stuck for something, shoot me an email, I might be able to help.

Congrats.
Old May 22, 2012, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

thats clean & sexy.. wanna post pictures of the engine bay??
Old May 22, 2012, 09:04 AM
Evolving Member

how about adding few carbon fiber pieces. ?
Old Aug 5, 2012, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

Thought I'd give a little update, I will be finally getting out to the track next weekend. Here's a clip of the exhaust when I was setting my 2 step, it was a bit much for my phone mic.

I plan to get some pics as vids at the track, I'll be running some crap all season tires so I don't have high expectations just out there for some fun.

Originally Posted by EVOeroc
This was and always will be my dream car.. ever since I seen it on gran turismo 2 a-spec I've walways loved evos.post any pics you take.. we would LOVE to see them

Btw: any numbers? Pump gas? Hp?
No numbers, I have Evoscan so the best I can to is use that for some HP estimations. It's stock motor/turbo with just full exhaust, self tuned on 91, stock boost(17lbs) focused on keeping it from getting knock since going to crap gas. So nothing at all aggressive I even lowered the Rev limit by about 500 RPM.

Originally Posted by idle
I've always wanted to live in America, but then I look out the window and see my TME in the driveway and think ...nah screw that :P

Welcome to the club mate. Out of ALL the Evo's ever produced the TME is the best hands down. (yes a very biased owners opinion)

I don't know how getting parts for the TME is in the states, but if you ever get stuck for something, shoot me an email, I might be able to help.

Congrats.
I agree I too love raw very mechanical feel the TME RS and I've also owned a IV, IX and X. Thanks I'll keep your offer in mind if I'm in need of something I can't find here.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 05:02 PM

First of all thank you for your service. I did 5 years US Navy on a submarine. Second, congrats on the getting the EVO over here. Thirdly, congrats on getting her on the track. Alot of people say they will but never actually do.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nudge120
Thought I'd give a little update, I will be finally getting out to the track next weekend. Here's a clip of the exhaust when I was setting my 2 step, it was a bit much for my phone mic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4SXEm0QL0I

I plan to get some pics as vids at the track, I'll be running some crap all season tires so I don't have high expectations just out there for some fun.

I agree I too love raw very mechanical feel the TME RS and I've also owned a IV, IX and X. Thanks I'll keep your offer in mind if I'm in need of something I can't find here.
are you in Vegas? Didnt see you at the meet today...
Old Aug 5, 2012, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

I'm currently in New Mexico until October for training( Air Force). My wife was at the meet, Cece she has the white X.

Thanks bigblue04.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 07:46 PM
Evolving Member

wow congrats! looks incredible but definitely worth it!
Old Aug 12, 2012, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

Finally made a trackday, here are a few pics taken of the car. The time attack didnt start until after dark and there are no track lights so I didn't bother getting video. Next month is a daytime event so maybe then.

www.zeroedinphotography.com

Last edited by nudge120; Aug 12, 2012 at 07:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Got my TME to the US!