Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo as your daily driven car?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2011, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i do.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Going on 4 years every day
Old Dec 4, 2011, 09:01 AM

Ever since it was new in March of 2005, but it splits duty with my motorcycle.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 09:06 AM

Yup, evo is my only car. I don't get why people say the Evo is a harsh daily driver. With MR Bilstein's, it rides like butter and the Recaro seats are super comfortable, at least if you're a skinny guy
Old Dec 4, 2011, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
I DD mine. 65K miles, 4+ years. Got it new.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DD, but looking for a pickup as where I work is harsh on the car due to fallout. Why would you buy a car and drive it sparingly? That's like having a hot lingerie model and having sex occasionally because you don't wanna ruin her somehow.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 09:23 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Onizuka
I don't get why people say the Evo is a harsh daily driver. With MR Bilstein's, it rides like butter and the Recaro seats are super comfortable, at least if you're a skinny guy
Because, many MR owners on this forum removed their superb Bilstein suspensions shortly after buying their cars and replaced them with cheap Asian coilovers. Not that I'm not grateful; I bought two sets of almost new OEM Bilstein setups from the classifieds over the years.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 09:39 AM

I daily drive mine. Had it less than a month and put over 1000 miles on it. I love dding it. The ebay exhaust the PO put on it makes it a little loud but I'm used to it. I daily drove my 06 wrx for over a year full of suspension mods. It was stiffer than my evo but still never bothered me.

Fun cars make the daily commute that much better.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I do but plan to get a DD down the road. Maybe a quad cab Tacoma or something to be able to move stuff and have the family in it comfortably. That may be rough considering when I'm at work all day I miss driving my evo even though I know I'm going to be driving it home. Lol
Old Dec 4, 2011, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
The wife and I do! I love the seats and sporty suspension. Soo fun to drive. I wish it had cruise control for the longer trips. Stock/slow DDs are soo damn boring(we had a civic before the evo)
Old Dec 4, 2011, 09:54 AM

Daily driver for me.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 10:32 AM

Daily drove one of my gvr4's and now drive the evo dd. Although, in the winter I only get the evo out when the weather is bad and drive my van the rest of the time in winter. I love awd in winter!
Old Dec 4, 2011, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by WeeeeEvo
The wife and I do! I love the seats and sporty suspension. Soo fun to drive. I wish it had cruise control for the longer trips. Stock/slow DDs are soo damn boring(we had a civic before the evo)
What's wrong with DD a Civic?! Quit hating. I had a Civic before my Evo too! LOL! From time to time I still go back to my Civic. Saves gas and it's automatic! I just got my Evo and I'm tired of driving stick already.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 12:56 PM

Thanks everyone for replying to this thread! I was contemplating whether I should DD my Evo or go back to my good old EG just because I didn't want to run up the mileage. But all your replies helped my decision. DD my Evo!
Old Dec 4, 2011, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I started out with dding a base model cobalt, which was auto because that's all I knew how to drive. Sold it and DD the Cobalt SS, which was a 5 speed, that I had for a year before I bought a Grand Prix, which was auto, because I wanted to park the cobalt in the winter. I can honestly say I hated every minute of driving an automatic every day. Sure there are times where a manual is inconvenient, but it's so dreadfully boring to drive an auto every day that I don't think I can do it again unless I have to. Driving a manual keeps you focused on driving, in an auto I was constantly getting distracted and falling asleep at the wheel.

Quick Reply: Evo as your daily driven car?