Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

mud flaps?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2011, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
im happy with mine but they are only on for the winter.

Name:  IMG_1883.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  121.4 KB
Old Dec 18, 2011, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FJF
Excuse me.

You came into this claiming that you have a world class machine like ours. Obviously, you do not. When that was said to you, you started protesting and arguing poverty as an explanation for not owning a world class machine. No one said you had to have one other than you.

Oddly, you somehow feel insulted by that, even through it's the truth, the reality of the situation, it's the car you chose to buy, and go off on tangents peppered with juvenile flames. It's not the silliness of this that's troublesome; it's the brutal dishonesty. Now you're trying to cast aspersions on my character, without, at the very least, taking an iota of responsibility for your own words and actions.

I wouldn't blame the mods if they wanted to delete all this (my posts included) and allow the thread to remain on topic.
i can you use big words too lol. and the ralliart is a world class machine lol it performs better than 90% of the other vehicles out there. you just believe that cause it doesnt have an evo decal on the trunk its comparing crap to diamonds. i didnt say anything hateful at you until you started in like a school girl. and im not claiming poverty lol i dont bring my financial situation into this bull****
Old Dec 19, 2011, 06:25 AM

I did not see your quote as totally negative, the reason I threw the idea out there is because the RA flaps are $80-$90 and all they are is a quarter inch plastic with 3 holes drilled in them with screws, I know they took the time to design, develop and produce the final product. I think its a bit over priced for what it is same with a lot of car parts the mark up is crazy but you also get what you pay for. Its just a mudflap, I'm not trying to say skimp out on when you are buying parts for the motor, suspension or anything that has a chance to fail and cause serious damage.

It is a simple part, you could go to a material supplier and buy a sheet of thin rubber, plastic, or metal and make whatever shape, color and size that you want, probably for $40 cheaper and have them function more for how you want them to.

The extra money can go to an oil change or any of the mods listed in the thread modding your Evo $100 at a time.

The DSM world is perfect if you are on a cheap budget and want to make a quick car just prepare to carry a tool box and a trunk full of spare parts. Luckily I was able to find a decent job and able to afford an Evo and do not regret it at all.

As for you guys arguing about an Evo vs a Ralliart I dont see to much of a difference in the newest ones, its still AWD, turbo just less power. Lets face it we are all interested in the same stuff.

Theres my novel enjoy.

Originally Posted by FJF
I didn't mean to sound harsh and I hope you didn't see my comment as totally negative. Evolutions are world class machines, at least the ones that haven't been screwed up by their owners. $60 in the grander scheme of things is a dinner for two with a beer and a tip. Is that really such a savings that would warrant not installing perfectly cut, perfectly fitting external parts in lieu of modifying kitchen cutting boards? Now, if we're talking about a 20 year old POS with 200,000 miles that sold for $3000 to its 16th owner dreaming of 1000HP from a Peb Boys shopping spree, a cutting board seems reasonable.

Yes, it's different environment here.

Old Dec 19, 2011, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Gsst98
I did not see your quote as totally negative, the reason I threw the idea out there is because the RA flaps are $80-$90 and all they are is a quarter inch plastic with 3 holes drilled in them with screws, I know they took the time to design, develop and produce the final product. I think its a bit over priced for what it is same with a lot of car parts the mark up is crazy but you also get what you pay for. Its just a mudflap, I'm not trying to say skimp out on when you are buying parts for the motor, suspension or anything that has a chance to fail and cause serious damage.

It is a simple part, you could go to a material supplier and buy a sheet of thin rubber, plastic, or metal and make whatever shape, color and size that you want, probably for $40 cheaper and have them function more for how you want them to.

The extra money can go to an oil change or any of the mods listed in the thread modding your Evo $100 at a time.

The DSM world is perfect if you are on a cheap budget and want to make a quick car just prepare to carry a tool box and a trunk full of spare parts. Luckily I was able to find a decent job and able to afford an Evo and do not regret it at all.

As for you guys arguing about an Evo vs a Ralliart I dont see to much of a difference in the newest ones, its still AWD, turbo just less power. Lets face it we are all interested in the same stuff.

Theres my novel enjoy.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by FJF
I hear placemats make excellent dash protectors and inverted dogfood bowls can be used to cover cone filters from debris. C'mon. What's this, a DSM forum?

bahahahahahahahaha all your comments had me dying man haha
Old Dec 26, 2014, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by FJF
You do not own an Evolution, you're on an Evolution board talking to Evolution owners about Evolutions, and challenging them to boot. No thanks.

I don't need a car to attract women.

BTW, which mudflaps are on your Lancer?
Holy hell... I about pissed myself when I read this! Thanks for the laughs
Old Dec 28, 2014, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by apexnine
Holy hell... I about pissed myself when I read this! Thanks for the laughs
Why is that funny the guy sounds like a dick
Old Dec 29, 2014, 02:59 PM

I had some black Ralliart ones on my 8, loved them.