Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

SMARTnav & climate control

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2004, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SMARTnav & climate control

Hey guys,
I understand that the FQ-330 over in the U.K is offered with the SMARTnav system standard as well as an automatic climate control unit.
I personally think it would be beneficial for mitsu to offer these options to the U.S. buyers. I like the fact that they are offering leather and an infiniti stereo in this years upcoming model, but I still feel that our EVO's will remain second best to the FQ-series.

I know that I was originally in the market for a high performance luxury sedan offering AWD for a margin of safety. The Evo fulfills all of my "wants" in this sector with the exception of offering a few extra luxury options like the Nav & climate control. They need to appeal to the group of people graduating college and beyond. I think this would help them out.

Also, the AYC and ACD would be a nice touch to round out the package.. ****, why dont they just offer an FQ-330 here that complies with emissions regulations????? I would buy it in a second.. anyone agree?
Old Jan 12, 2004, 07:59 PM

agreed!
Old Jan 12, 2004, 08:04 PM

check out the new G35 all wheel drive with the luxury. or the S4
Old Jan 12, 2004, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Re: SMARTnav & climate control

Originally posted by spoolingEVOx

Also, the AYC and ACD would be a nice touch to round out the package.. ****, why dont they just offer an FQ-330 here that complies with emissions regulations????? I would buy it in a second.. anyone agree?
Really? You would pay 40k for an evo?
Old Jan 12, 2004, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

until the G35 coupe comes out in AWD (not the GT-R), I wouldnt even consider the G-coupe or sedan.
Besides, I truly love the Evo. I dont think I would spend $45k on an Evo, but I honestly dont think I would have a problem spending $33-$37k on it with all of the options that the FQ-330 has. I think I can justify the extra $3-$7k on an ACD, AYC, 59 more hp, Leather/Alcantara, Climate Control, Infiniti Sound System and a 6Spd Manual.
As far as tuning and mods go.. there would be much less in the long-run for me to do other than the basic things i wanted to do like suspension modifications, 18" wheels, some basic bolt ons, cams, and a touch of work on the interior.
Old Jan 12, 2004, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

S4 ended up being $51,800 after i built it. I dont want to spend that kind of money on a car just yet. Id rather have the difference between the Evo and the S4 in the bank.

Old Jan 12, 2004, 08:35 PM

the g35 will come out this year as an AWD with a 50/50 split or 0/100 split