Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Barometric pressure signal sensor

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2011, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barometric pressure signal sensor

Hi guys.. I recently bought 10 years old evo 7. Did computer check and found out that the barometric pressure sensor signal was not working. What are the sign if the barometric is not working? Previously when i drove my car around 50km, the oil pressure will drop and there would be no boost at all. I need to restart the car to have the power back. Please help me. I just use the car for 2 months only
Old Dec 13, 2011, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
You've got a lot of things going on here but I don't see any connections.

The oil pressure light coming on means either you have a bad sender or the oil pressure is actually low. Low oil pressure does not affect boost. I'd suggest replacing the sender and if that doesn't fix it then attach an accurate gauge to where the sender screws in to and obtain a reading. If lower than about 4 psi at hot idle you need an overhaul.

The barometric pressure sensor is used by the ECU as part of determining that amount of fuel to inject. I've never had this problem so I don't know the symptoms. It could be the sensor itself or bad wiring.

Having to restart the car to get it working again? That sounds strange.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by barneyb
You've got a lot of things going on here but I don't see any connections.

The oil pressure light coming on means either you have a bad sender or the oil pressure is actually low. Low oil pressure does not affect boost. I'd suggest replacing the sender and if that doesn't fix it then attach an accurate gauge to where the sender screws in to and obtain a reading. If lower than about 4 psi at hot idle you need an overhaul.

The barometric pressure sensor is used by the ECU as part of determining that amount of fuel to inject. I've never had this problem so I don't know the symptoms. It could be the sensor itself or bad wiring.

Having to restart the car to get it working again? That sounds strange.
Is it possible because of faulty oil pump. It happens on long run, the oil preesure will drop, the engine almost stop running. But if i shut off the car for 2-3 minutes and start it back, everything returns to normal.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Burhan
Is it possible because of faulty oil pump. It happens on long run, the oil preesure will drop, the engine almost stop running. But if i shut off the car for 2-3 minutes and start it back, everything returns to normal.
And the oil level is at normal range