Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

E85 800-1000hp Fuel System Setups

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2011, 04:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definately some great ideas! I just have to decide what's best for me. I keep saying I want to drive it on the street alot but the truth is between work and my family I barely drove it before so I still may consider something like a 5 gallon cell.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
what kind lines you going to run.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by thepoint4life23
what kind lines you going to run.
I have Russell Pro Classic lines under the hood but from what I've read so far they're not the best for fuel so I'm probably going to find some type of teflon lined hose for the fuel setup. Apparently hoses without that tend to sweat and you can smell fuel pretty badly. Either way I'll be using a minimum of -8AN for a feed line up to the rail
Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I like the idea for the pressure switch and LED to let you know the second pump has actually kicked on for the double pumper setup, since I have that now. Good thread is good
Old Dec 19, 2011, 11:06 AM

There is no easy solution, but I made a custom hanger for twin walbros in tank to feed a swirl pot that is 8" in diameter and about 12" tall. It has one bosch 044 pump coming off the pot to feed the rail with a fuel lab fuel filter in line and an aeromotive fpr. Lines are -8an feed and 6-an return. My setup is a little over 800 with ID2000's on E85. You might consider a twin 044 set up like this, but with a -8an "Y" adapter to -10an feed line for 1000hp? Hope this helps.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 11:23 AM
Former Sponsor

We have release our fuel kit for +3000hp or 1500-1600hp methanol setup.
Direct bolt on to stock fuel cell and very easy to install.
Keep an eye at our topic to see the pics and infos these days.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

I saw your shooting for 8's this year. look at the ricer set up. it want 8.75 ran br double pump
Old Dec 19, 2011, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by thepoint4life23
I saw your shooting for 8's this year. look at the ricer set up. it want 8.75 ran br double pump
never mind they didnt run that pump
Old Dec 19, 2011, 06:02 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone have any experience with the Magnus Mechanical Fuel Pump Bracket and Aeromotive Fuel Pump?

Name:  fuel_dsm_pump_bracket_inst.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  96.9 KB
Old Dec 19, 2011, 06:11 PM
Evolving Member

I doubt you'll take my advice, but simply upgrading your current Buschur Double Pumper with modified 255's, and upgrading your fuel feed line to a -6 will more more than enough to feed your setup.

My basis for saying that? I've got the aforementioned setup and my IDC's are only in the mid-high 70's on my HTA86 near sea level on E85.

Anything more than what I said is a waste of money. If you want to go overboard, do Aeromotive 340's instead of the modded 255's.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TurboTravis
I doubt you'll take my advice, but simply upgrading your current Buschur Double Pumper with modified 255's, and upgrading your fuel feed line to a -6 will more more than enough to feed your setup.

My basis for saying that? I've got the aforementioned setup and my IDC's are only in the mid-high 70's on my HTA86 near sea level on E85.

Anything more than what I said is a waste of money. If you want to go overboard, do Aeromotive 340's instead of the modded 255's.
Well I spoke with STM and even emery had issues after about 750hp on a mustang dyno. I plan to eclipse that and since others have run out of fuel as well I thought that i needed to change. I'm still open to lots of ideas. I sent Joey (aka junkbox) a pm since hes made 777hp and gone 9.0s. He only has a double pumper as well. he may have upgraded his feed line though. he hasn't said if he did that yet.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Our double pumper will EASILY make 800 whp on E85. I don't know how old yours is but in the last year they have all left here with modded pumps. If the pumps are modded already either send it back to us so we can install -6 outlets on it or do it yourself. Then run a wye into a single -6 line to the front and you are done.

Look up the test results from DSport before you buy an Aeromotive pump, our double pumper if I remember right outflows at least one of those pumps and the Aeromotives reliability has been **** poor.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by David Buschur
Our double pumper will EASILY make 800 whp on E85. I don't know how old yours is but in the last year they have all left here with modded pumps. If the pumps are modded already either send it back to us so we can install -6 outlets on it or do it yourself. Then run a wye into a single -6 line to the front and you are done.

Look up the test results from DSport before you buy an Aeromotive pump, our double pumper if I remember right outflows at least one of those pumps and the Aeromotives reliability has been **** poor.
I know we've banged heads Dave so thank you for responding to this thread. I just know I have the barbed fittings. I honestly can't remember when I ordered from you. It's probably been in the car for about a year but it does have the barbed fittings. I wasn't sure of the type of threads you tapped into your custom bulkhead fittings but I was going to attempt to put -6an fittings as suggested.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TurboTravis

I ran out low 700's with twin modified walbros. Not to mention I blew 2 of them while wide open. Stay away from the modified 255's imo.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by David Buschur

Thanks for the heads up on the Aeromotive reliability, of lack there of.

Originally Posted by Chu's Mom
I know we've banged heads Dave so thank you for responding to this thread. I just know I have the barbed fittings. I honestly can't remember when I ordered from you. It's probably been in the car for about a year but it does have the barbed fittings. I wasn't sure of the type of threads you tapped into your custom bulkhead fittings but I was going to attempt to put -6an fittings as suggested.
I think you're fine just connecting your new -6 line to the output of the current filter on the double pumper, but if you want to do it with all AN fittings, you just need to replace the current barbs in the DP with 1/8NPT male to -6AN male adapters.

Quick Reply: E85 800-1000hp Fuel System Setups