Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

ETS Intake on Evo IX

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2011, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ETS Intake on Evo IX

Just wanted to share my yet another great experience with ETS. I love all the parts ETS makes which is why I choose to use all their parts. I received the Intake and immediately noticed how well it was put together. I had the KN Typhoon intake before, and it was a good intake. But honestly I feel it was cheaply made and is not worth the price they sell it for. If you tighten down the clamp to hard, you could easily crush the intake pipe. Now as far as the ETS unit, this wont happen. They use the best material, welds are perfect, fitment is perfect, and of course it performs to standard. I have nothing but good things to say about ETS. I recommend ETS to absolutely everyone for all their performance needs. The prices they set out are more then reasonable, and their customer service is second to none. Now here are the pics of the intake on and off the car. If anyone would like to see pics of their exhaust on the car or would like to hear how it sounds. Please go to www.extremeturbosystems.com My car is featured on their website under the exhaust section so everyone can hear how it sounds at idle, normal cruising, and at idle with aftermarket cams. Now onto the pictures.

Dont mind the screw driver on the manifold, I know everyone is famous for forgetting tools in the engine bay prior to snapping pictures lol.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Love ETS products, good post .
Old Dec 20, 2011, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks bro. Yeah ETS parts are awesome. Cant wait to get their turbo kit.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 09:16 PM
Evolving Member

I've got this on my IX with the black powder coating and the Amsoil cone filter. Very happy with it.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by akeric
I've got this on my IX with the black powder coating and the Amsoil cone filter. Very happy with it.
You should post up a pic so I could see it. I have the ets recirc pipe powder coated gloss black. But i like the brushed stainless steel stuff or polished stuff. Bling under the hood I like, then white and black on the outside.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 06:34 AM
Evolving Member

I just installed mine yesterday... What did you do with the small hose that goes to one of the wastegate actuators?
Old Jul 7, 2012, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Oh wow, I'd have to look. I only used one small hose, but it plugged up to the valve cover I believe. Cant remember. Ill go look here shortly and post where it goes.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

Whats up with your bov ? Can u still close the hood like that and its vta but you still have the maf!
Old Jul 7, 2012, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Its not like that anymore, and yeah it wasnt in the way of anything. Yes im on VTA on MAF, but I am also tuned with it, no issues. Been running like this for a few years. I ran the stock ix dv for a while, but it started leaking, and I had this laying around, so use it or lose it. It was like this until I re flanged the UICP for the correct flange.