Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo IV in U.S. help please if you have any idea. (emission fail)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2011, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Evo IV in U.S. help please if you have any idea. (emission fail)

So.... I failed emissons due to no respones from ecu and im trying to figure out a way without doing the whole resg. your car in a different state thing. So far there is power to the ecu but the tools wouldnt read anything from it at all. I've gone so far as to swapping evo 8 ecu to the 6 but we were scared to fry the ecu because we dont have extras. Any ideas please post if you have a idea but need to know wasup shoot me a email please please please
Old Dec 24, 2011, 07:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
U need to convert to evo 8 ecu and disable some settings on ecu in order to pass and have monitors ready for emmisons. If it aint connecting make sure you have power and ground to the dlc OBD2 port
Old Dec 25, 2011, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
evo4 are not obd2 compliant and you need to join pins 1and 4 on the back of the obd socket to put it into diagnostic mode then try but i dont know if it will pass the readiness tests or even if the ecu has the function of monitors

Last edited by todd6027; Dec 25, 2011 at 09:25 AM.