Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

From BMW --> Evo 8/9?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2012, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 5speedwtneed
Yeah for those miles I would be looking at 14k-15k for those. My IX had 63k miles and I got it for $19,000. And it's super clean inside and out. Oh and mine only had 1 owner =]

I bought mine 3 years ago with 29k miles for 19k. Beat them up more if you look hard enough you'll find one with lower miles for 16 or so k
Old Jan 1, 2012, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^ I forgot to say it was an MR also. And prices on IX's haven't really been dropping over time
Old Jan 1, 2012, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Hero313
Thanks for all your insight so far! Glad to know you're all here to help.

As it sits, I won't buy either one of those Evo's, considering I want to sell my BMW first. But the Evo9 is definitely something I would prefer over the 8, I'm willing to pay a bit more as well.
I settled with a lesser model BMW 3 series and I'm not satisfied. I don't want that to happen again, so I figure I may as well spend the extra money to get something I'll end up enjoying more.

@AWDPowah
I'm in Colchester, about 5 minutes away from Burlington. What about you?
There's a couple Evo's I've seen driving around, supposedly there's a silver MR as well that comes and goes from Colchester. I've seen it once, but couldn't confirm on whether or not it was an MR.

And I've seen 1 blue Evo without a wing, a modded red Evo and a black Evo...that's it.
They seem to be unique, and definitely turn heads. Which is what I want in my car.

Also, what's the difference between the Evo8 and Evo9 interiors?

One last thing; happy new years to you all!
I'm up in Newport. I'm the only CT9A between where I'm at and where you're at. The only other Evo is an Evo X MR that some rich guy drives.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

If you know someone in the car salvage business. And you said you wanna work on your car. you can get a wrecked evo off copart.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 05:40 PM
Evolving Member

If I were you I would try to buy an 04+, unless the car already comes with a shep stage\tre transmission. The 03 will cost you twice as much to get the transmission fixed, if you plan on upgrading\reparing your transmission. I wish I bough an 04, would have saved me a lot of money. But I got a killer deal and i been selling all my aftermarket parts. I've made my money back and then some

^ What I mean by this is, you eventually will have syncro issues if you shift your car super fast. If you just shift it how the transmission wants to be shifted you "should" be okay. I'd still go with an 04 if you can.

The evo is going to be such a dream compared to that BMW.

Last edited by Graphic; Jan 1, 2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by AWDPowah
I'm up in Newport. I'm the only CT9A between where I'm at and where you're at. The only other Evo is an Evo X MR that some rich guy drives.
The modded white one?
Heard he's selling that car. It looks good though.

Thanks for your continued input, EvoM.
I've taken it into consideration and will definitely stick around, hopefully I get my hands on an Evo sooner rather than later.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best place IMO to check would be Autotrader.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
The modded white one?
Heard he's selling that car. It looks good though.

Thanks for your continued input, EvoM.
I've taken it into consideration and will definitely stick around, hopefully I get my hands on an Evo sooner rather than later.
Naw, the red one like in my avatar
Old Jan 2, 2012, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

I'm parting out my built IS300 and bought Evo 9. I couldnt be happier.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

Seeing the prices on these things and hearing what people have paid for them is somewhat depressing...

Coming from a bmw, are you sure you're going to be ok DD'ing a loud bumpy cheap interiored vehicle?

After 5yrs of DD'ing the Evo I'd love something more comfortable on a daily basis but another car isn't in the cards yet and I still love the Evo too much to want to part ways with it.

You're young though, so you'll likely have no problems with the loud/bumpy/cheap interior etc.

Good luck on your search and welcome to the site!
Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by cs82685
Seeing the prices on these things and hearing what people have paid for them is somewhat depressing...

Coming from a bmw, are you sure you're going to be ok DD'ing a loud bumpy cheap interiored vehicle?

After 5yrs of DD'ing the Evo I'd love something more comfortable on a daily basis but another car isn't in the cards yet and I still love the Evo too much to want to part ways with it.

You're young though, so you'll likely have no problems with the loud/bumpy/cheap interior etc.

Good luck on your search and welcome to the site!
One thing I know for sure I'll miss is the BMW interior. It's so well made, and designed with the driver in mind, along with luxury.

Heard SOOO many bad things about the Evo interior though...but I've come to find that nearly every Japanese tuner car I like has crappy looking interior...another example best used is the R34 GT-R. hahah

I'm sure the chika's won't dig the cheap interior though.

Thanks again to the rest of you!
Just checked autotrader, didn't have anything within 200 miles of me worth seeing...I may be willing to go out 300 miles but not too much further.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 06:44 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 441 Likes on 376 Posts
Lower model bmws interiors are really not that great. I have a 330ci with the crappy displays

One thing I know for sure I'll miss is the BMW interior. It's so well made, and designed with the driver in mind, along with luxury.

Heard SOOO many bad things about the Evo interior though...but I've come to find that nearly every Japanese tuner car I like has crappy looking interior...another example best used is the R34 GT-R. hahah

I'm sure the chika's won't dig the cheap interior though.

Thanks again to the rest of you!
Just checked autotrader, didn't have anything within 200 miles of me worth seeing...I may be willing to go out 300 miles but not too much further.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 08:50 AM

I feel all e46 interiors are the same.
323, 330 or M3.
Of course there's certain differences (like M3 badges all over the place on ///Ms, alcantara seats + steering wheel, etc.) but it still feels pretty luxurious in comparison to Japanese cars I've sat in.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 10:01 AM

Just keep looking. I got my 2005 evo 8 MR for 17k. It took me a few months to find one. Good luck!
BTW check autotrader, cars.com, ebay, craigslist, the forums on here (i found mine on here)

Last edited by ahr4156; Jan 3, 2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I live in Colchester too at the moment. This is a great place to have an evo, since there are but handful around...and the subarus in the area can't keep up..trust me lol. Mine is the ultra clean silver wingless one you've probably heard stories about haha. I only drive it in the summer tho. Had my evo for almost 6 years and know the ins and outs of this car. Let me know if I can help out with anything once you get one.

My advice on buying one...don't get one from the tri-state area. No offense to downstate NY, NJ and CT, but they are notorious for being hard on their cars. Not to mention rough roads and serious salty winters. Wave bye-bye to the idea of finding an un-modded evo too. They will most likely all be modded at some point...the key is finding one that has been cared for properly. One of the best ways to do that is to find one FS on the forum. That way you can track what the owner has done to the car and possibly any problems they have encountered. And chances are, if they have taken the time to join a forum to learn/share the car, they care enough about it to maintain it properly (not true 100% of the time tho). I drove to PA for mine, and would have driven further if necessary. Head as far south as you can bear to travel...good luck

Quick Reply: From BMW --> Evo 8/9?