Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

372 Whp

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2004, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, your beating my record!!!

I will be in touch soon w/ my resume!! ->Regards..
Old Jan 15, 2004, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Dyno correction is one factor, I think you're right MP5 it is 1.4 but another factor is the pull was in 3rd gear. You also have a gear multiplier. Get a 4th gear pull and we'll see what the REAL numbers are.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 08:01 AM
Evolving Member

hey rubelcon...ive always wondered who keeps that little excel spreadsheet with all the warnings??? some guy got a printout of every user with a little check mark next to it??? opps am i getting to close to the center of inteliigence known as "O.E.I" Office of EvolutionM Intelligence?? im gonna disappear now.....
Old Jan 15, 2004, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The HP does seem high for a 91 octane pull.

As far as going the pull in 3rd of 4th gear you guys are backwards. The HP on our Dynojet is always higher in a higher gear.

The numbers he is getting should go up when he dyno's in 4th gear.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jan 15, 2004, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

some one posted it's the correction factor. It's more like lack of correction factor. The guy should post an SAE corrected graph of wheel hp, he may have been reading actual whp or estimated flywheel hp. 398 definitely seems too high for his mods and 91 octane.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For all of the people flaming him, he is only relating what the shop is telling him. Yea, they may have a correction factor going in order to estimate crank HP, but that doesn't mean that they told him that, hell, they are in the buisiness to impress him. This board can be like a bunch of ****ing jackels sometimes, people are always out there waiting to jump someone's ***. They told him his car was making X amount of HP, maybe he now has a little bit more information to go to them with in order to ask whether it is crank or wheels or if there is a correction factor etc. Or for all we know this shop could have stumbled onto the next big tuning discovery. Although I doubt that who the hell are we to say?
Old Jan 15, 2004, 08:16 AM
Evolving Member

no flames here just skeptical and would like to see the SAE corrected dyno graph.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 08:17 AM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by davidbuschur
The HP does seem high for a 91 octane pull.

As far as going the pull in 3rd of 4th gear you guys are backwards. The HP on our Dynojet is always higher in a higher gear.

The numbers he is getting should go up when he dyno's in 4th gear.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
What??? Maybe cause you cant induce a load on your dyno But I can pull an easy 25 HP out of my butt on the local AWD mustang by pulling in 3rd instead of 4th
Old Jan 15, 2004, 08:18 AM
In Timeout

I think the shop did Flywheel HP, and ya it's not his fault about the HP he was just passing the message. If he posts his dyno we can all see what is going on.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 08:19 AM
In Timeout

Same here, I think the key is looking for a 1:1 I did one in 3rd and one in 4th and you are right 3rd = 20+- HP.

Originally posted by MP5

What??? Maybe cause you cant induce a load on your dyno But I can pull an easy 25 HP out of my butt on the local AWD mustang by pulling in 3rd instead of 4th
Old Jan 15, 2004, 08:19 AM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by evil8
some one posted it's the correction factor. It's more like lack of correction factor. The guy should post an SAE corrected graph of wheel hp, he may have been reading actual whp or estimated flywheel hp. 398 definitely seems too high for his mods and 91 octane.
No they can put in correction factors to account for crank HP/ Sea Level cars/ Moon dyno charts anything really SAE is going to be low low cause he is far up in the air
Old Jan 15, 2004, 08:23 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally posted by MP5

Its the software correction factors that is used on that dyno. Who knows what its set at 1.4? time and a half?
~1.2. He's still high, our stage 1+ cars were at 345/360 on 91 0n the same dyno. The intercooler sprayer is 30+whp but we are talking about 50whp
Old Jan 15, 2004, 08:33 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by joeycoates
For all of the people flaming him, he is only relating what the shop is telling him. Yea, they may have a correction factor going in order to estimate crank HP, but that doesn't mean that they told him that, hell, they are in the buisiness to impress him. This board can be like a bunch of ****ing jackels sometimes, people are always out there waiting to jump someone's ***. They told him his car was making X amount of HP, maybe he now has a little bit more information to go to them with in order to ask whether it is crank or wheels or if there is a correction factor etc. Or for all we know this shop could have stumbled onto the next big tuning discovery. Although I doubt that who the hell are we to say?
No ****... ever wonder how many of these people are working out something they can't in the real world...

Last edited by Zeus; Jan 15, 2004 at 08:38 AM.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by MP5

No they can put in correction factors to account for crank HP/ Sea Level cars/ Moon dyno charts anything really SAE is going to be low low cause he is far up in the air
didn't know he was high altitude if he is then SAE corrected would be HIGHER than actual hp but still not 398. He's prolly reading some sort of estimated hp.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 09:43 AM

The 398 run WAS with the Ntercooler sprayer, my run without the sprayer was 344 WHP 351 Torque. I don't really understand why everyone insist's on flaming, I will post dyno chart's as soon as I find someone to scan them for me. I'm not bull****ting here. I don't know about the correction or whatnot, but I will ask next time I get a chance.

Quick Reply: 372 Whp